See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 October 2015

2 weeks all inclusive, end of season. Outstanding location next to the beach, responsive and outgoing staff with plenty of local bars & shops nearby. The all-inclusive service shuts at 10Pm but the bar itself will stay open pretty much till the last people leave between 01:00-02:00 in the morning. The beach is the longest sandy beach in West Crete (9 km) and so long and wide that it never feels crowded where you can still find almost deserted spots. The village of Georgioupoli is within strolling distance along the beach and has a laid back atmosphere with several excellent restaurants and bars. With regard to the food, accommodation and general standard of the hotel, our expectations were thoroughly met; great local food in abundance, satisfactory room and shower facilities and well-presented gardens throughout. Anyone planning to stay at this great little resort and expects international resort standard cuisine with a Sandal’s style of all singing all dancing all inclusive service needs to give their head a big wobble. You get what you pay for. This resort is in need of a bit of a refurbish in places but represents VERY GOOD value for money.

2  Thank Yitomit
Reviewed 10 October 2015 via mobile

I stayed here for two weeks all inclusive, the staff were friendly and polite and was always happy to help. The location of the hotel is fabulous and it's right on the beach with great views. The food was ok but basic and breakfast was poor. The rooms are ok and they do get cleaned every day apart from a Sunday. The only real complaint I have is that me and my wife came the last week in September and the first week in October when the season was ending, on our last couple of days they started closing the hotel down and closed the pool bar so we felt as if we were being pushed out. The hotel is basic and you do get what you pay for. Sandy beach does need updating and money spending on it. If your looking for a cheap basic holiday Sandy beach is good for that.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ben D
Reviewed 8 October 2015 via mobile

Before I wrote this review I checked how much we had paid for the actual hotel part and it was a lot, if it had of been extremely cheap I could of understood a bit more why it was so bad.

Good points:
Reception staff and cleaners very friendly.
Close to the beach.

Bad points:
Breakfast - no toaster, stale hard bread, hot options were rice pudding and either fried ham or scrambled eggs mixed with raw onion. Never any beans or fried eggs.
Lunch was just horrendous also but to be fair better than breakfast.
Dinner was the same. We struggled daily to find something to eat and we are not fussy at all just the food was disgusting and never amounting to make an actual meal out of (I.e 3 pasta dishes - no sauces) this was the one holiday we have been on that we actually wished there was chips available (none all week).
No snacks at all available outside meal times.

Room- was adequate, very basic, full of Mosquitos on arrival and the first night we had over 10 bites between us and awoke at 5am and had to hunt with a flip flop. 2nd night luckily we realised there was a huge gap under the door and that's probably how they were getting in (housekeeping open the window and leave open all day we hen they clean also - being on the ground floor I found this very alarming as it would have been easy for a full size adult to climb thorough) so we kept the DND on the door and carries out nightly flip flop missions to make sure we could have a half decent sleep.

Drinks: tea and coffee station in recep/restaurant available from 5.30am until 6pm which was handy. All inclusive drinks were bad, only beer, raki, red wine, white wine, Pepsi and a fanta orange and lemon substitute which you could get at the restaurant during meal times and at the beach bar from 10am to 10pm.

I'm not really sure I need to say much more. Just do not book to stay here, there are many hotels nearby and in georgiopolis that cost the same/less and are a much higher standard.

We are lucky enough to have 7/8 holidays a year and this is definitely the worst one we have ever had.
We have never looked forward to getting home before.
I also came down with a very bad cold which I haven't been able to shake off over a week later (I'm putting it down to the dirty kitchen conditions but may just be unlucky).

I really wish I hadn't of booked this holiday and chose somewhere else or stayed at home for the week. I have no idea how anyone can give this place a good review.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2015

We arrived and were shown to our room 501 by a very pleasant young receptionist, thats where the positive experience ends!! The bed was rock hard and the bathroom looked like something from Eastern Europe or from the Borat movie! It was so dirty we were actually concerned about leaving our toothbrushes and that we could go down with Typhoid, there was a waste pipe with a plug opening into a open sewer, so there was an awful smell of sewage. the room was full of mosquitos as the windows were left open to try and reduce the smell. we had a fridge (that didn't work) and a TV. We returned to reception and asked if this was the Superior room that we book, and the receptionist said "yes sorry i get asked that alot" we paid for air-conditioning went to the local supermarket and bought loads of mosquito sprays. The door looked like it had been broken into or forced and after one night we asked to be moved to a different room...
So room 206 Bathroom much better no smell of sewage an actual bath with a hand held shower, No fridge but the TV not working because the electric socket was hanging off the wall and the TV propped up with a fag packet !!!! We were All inclusive what a joke that is!! Breakfast consisted of Yogurt if thats what it was, with tinned peaches, bread (no Butter or toaster) jam, rice pudding!! luncheon meat rubbery cheese, tea coffee and juice of some sort! Lunch was no better and the food looked like it was reheated and served up again for Tea!
I am a seasoned Traveler and stayed in many Hostels around Europe, Egypt also working on a Kibbutz in Israeli, so i am well used to roughing it and making do. On our Third Day we went to a Cafe across the road, (which by the way are a life saver for anyone staying in this place) we cut our losses and booked into the Eliose Mare four hotels away!! my advice is DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS PLACE! there's so many lovely hotels next door and within a few hundred yards...
Don't be put off with the Resort as the Beach is Beautiful.... just stay somewhere else!

Room Tip: Book another Hotel
1  Thank sarahE5208GY
Reviewed 5 October 2015

the hotel was very disappointing. very basic rooms with flooding in the bathroom with a nasty smell of drains. hose pipes over the paths which I tripped over the first night due to very poor lighting. the food was very basic and not much choice. breakfast was same everyday dinner was normally ok but still not much choice and tea was soup made from leftover dinner and some sort of pie from leftover dinner. tea and coffee stopped at 6pm so no hot drinks after that and finally all-inclusive the drinks we could have was red or white wine, beer or raki with Fanta, Pepsi or lemonade. that's it very disappointing for an all-inclusive holiday

Room Tip: choose I different hotel