All reviews fairways building main building full kitchen heavenly bed mountain view mount baker pro shop golf resort fitness center one bedroom suite driving range jack's place vancouver island great property mineral pool hotel guests minute drive
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

My family of five recently had a wonderful long weekend at the Westin Bear Mountain Resort. First off, it’s a spectacular mountain setting. Great views! The resort itself is in great shape. We stayed in a large one bedroom suite that had a full kitchen - a comfortable space for the weekend. We used the swimming pool and hot tub, and my wife had a great spa treatment. While being in Victoria is also great, we preferred being in a beautiful setting in nature, while having convenient access to the city was perfect for us. We are already planning our next trip back!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2018

I spent a night at Bear Mountain as I had meetings there. The hotel and grounds are very nice and my room was huge! There was a separate living room with tv, kitchenette and powder room. Then a large bedroom with attached bathroom and a very large balcony.
The grounds are very well looked after and we did a tour of the upper mountain golf course which also looked amazing.
Only downside to this is the location. It is a good 15 to 20 minute drive to downtown Victoria.
All I. All, I would recommend this for golfers, tennis players are folks who want to get away from it all.

Room Tip: Room 448 in the main building has a large double balcony.
Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 September 2018

Not family friendly.

Extremely disappointed with Management. Poor customer service - did not address my concerns. No empathy. Major safety issues with the balcony. Huge gap between balcony where people can crawl under. and the glass above the gap is opaque so you are unable to see neighbours.

Refused to put a barrier to make the balcony safer or change rooms away from neighbouring customers who lured my kids over. - No solution was given.

Horrific experience. I would not recommend this hotel/resort for family with small children.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Grace Y
WestinBearMountain, Front Office Manager at Westin Bear Mountain Victoria Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2018

Dear Grace Y,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your experience and I am very sorry that you did not find us family friendly on this particular occasion. I can assure you that we are a very family friendly resort with many activities for children to participate in during their stay. I am sorry that no solution could be agreed upon regarding your balcony and I will certainly pass this on to the Management team so that different solutions can be researched for the future. If there is anything further we can assist you with please do not hesitate to contact us and we hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 6 September 2018

I enjoyed the sights and scenery of this resort. It is in a very beautiful area and you like to see this resort again when the entire neighborhood is complete. The service was impeccable. The pool was wonderful and staff were prompt and courteous.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2018

This property is sure to take your breath away. From the moment you walk into the rustic cabin-like lobby, to the view over the golf course and up to the mountains. This property is very well maintained and the staff will make sure you have everything you need to make your stay comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business