“Very good fish & chips”

Salty's Fish & Chips
Ranked #13 of 47 Restaurants in Langford
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I am British and the fish and chips here are good. The service is excellent but beware when you leave you will smell of grease as there is no ventilation. We have been there a few times and they have ran out of things which led us to leave for another restuarant. In this situation we were less than impressed as the owner or chef clearly made it known that they weren't responsible for this. Yes you are, if you are up on your inventory then you should know when you are close to running out. There is also a supermarket right next door should you want to keep your customers.

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

In strip mall near Chevron and Bin 4 restaurant. Small not a large seating area. Food was substantial in portions but greasy

Reviewed 24 August 2017

If you enjoy fish and chips this is the restaurant to visit. Plentiful portions, great service and the fish is delicious. The restaurant is nothing fancy but has everything necessary and spotlessly clean. They offer an "all you can eat" on Tuesdays.

1  Thank Beverley S
Reviewed 2 August 2017

This is the second time going here for this 'Gorgefest'. I held off posting the first time as I thought it was a one off fluke. However, the meal I had yesterday was just as good as the first. To be honest, I wasn't expecting much, other than the quantity, on an 'all you can eat' binge, but no, the fish I had was perfect. As good as a piece of fish I've had anywhere. The meal comes with a decent dollop of tasty cole slaw, the chips are good, and you don't have to ask for the malt vinegar.
Next time, I'll try the mushy peas and the curry as I grew up with them.
The service was pleasant & prompt, and both times they asked us if we wanted more, which is always good.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

The place was clean, the service was friendly, and the food was good. Nothing spectacular, but nothing bad either. Worth a try if you like fish n chips.