All reviews potato salad panoramic view the location is perfect excellent hotel balcony austria innsbruck church
Reviewed 24 February 2017 via mobile

Absolutely welcoming place with AMAZING view to valley from the hotel restaurant terrace. Rooms are not modern, but in a good condition. Huge terrace with a view (#216), 15 min from city center, not far from ski resorts.

Stayed: February 2017
Reviewed 18 February 2017

We stayed here for three days for our short trip to Austria and it was lovely.
Very basic but the owners were lovely and friendly and helpful.
Comfy bed, nice touch of a blanket for a bit of extra warmth when chilly. Balcony wasn't used by anyone else so we had full use - lovely when relaxing in the sun for an hour taking in the views.
The hotel is classic Austrian and we weren't disappointed with anything here.
Another great touch was the bath in our room - extremely useful after a day out skiing to soothe the muscles!! :)
Would defo stay here again.

Stayed: February 2017
Reviewed 16 December 2016 via mobile

Fantastic hotel with a view. Very warm owners that spoke good English and went out of the way to make us feel welcome, giving good advice on family-friendly things to do in the region. The restaurant was the best we had on our trip and we ended up eating there twice over 5 days. Highly recommended!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Benjamin L
Reviewed 12 December 2016

For many years the Bär has been our first choice when visiting Igls for ice sports. Our recent visit has endorsed all the things that give this hotel my top rating. The most important factor is the 'can do' attitude of the owners and their staff. Nothing is too much trouble at any time of the day or night!
The Alpine views are second to none: if you want any stimulus to start the day in high spirits the view from the dining room when you are enjoying their wholesome breakfast is spectacular.
I can't wait to return in 2017.

Room Tip: View over looking the Brenner Pass.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank BacchusOnBikes
Reviewed 16 October 2016

This hotel was not a top rated one, but it was very clean and tidy and the Proprietors were lovely and very, very helpful...nothing was too much trouble for them. The food was nice. The views from our bedroom and from the dining room are amazing!!! This hotel is well worth a stay just for the views. I was in seventh heaven. There is a local bus stop just outside the hotel which can take you to Innsbruck City or the opposite direction to go deeper and higher into the mountains. Sadly there was a lot of cloud around when we stayed (last week), the brightest day being the day we left...ugh!! The only thing I was disappointed with is that there was no Tea/Coffee making facilities in our room and with not eating breakfast, I really missed my early morning cuppa! But that is my only complaint...apart from the Bells of the very local Church!!! These were very very loud as from 7am every day. We counted them one time and they rang out 125 times in a single peel!!! But, apart from that (and no early morning cuppa) I can well recommend a stay here, in my opinion, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: The views from Room 203 were fantastic. Views from two bedroom windows (different sides) and the best bathroom view I have ever seen.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple