“"Excellent, faultless, paradise and so relaxing"”

and 1 more site!
Muri Beach Cottages
Ranked #1 of 2 Muri B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 April 2017

From the moment my sister and I walked into our cottage we new we found the perfect place to stay. A warm welcome from Gwen, JoJo and the marketing manager little boy, who kept us company during our afternoon nap after arriving on an early flight. We adored the view from our deck which over looked the lagoon and our cottage was very clean and comfortable. It is close enough to walk into town by road or along the beach. We didn't want to leave and we miss that view from our deck everyday. We rate Muri Beach Cottages ten our of ten.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 January 2017

Views upon views! We arrived at night and Gwen was kind enough to greet us out on the street because of the remoteness (no signs). We woke up to the most beautiful sunrise I have ever seen with jaw dropping location right on Muri Beach. It's close enough to town to walk and far enough to feel like you have the entire island to yourself. Gwen, Diya, Lil Boy, and Zoe made my partner and I feel so special. They even invited us around for New Year's Eve nibbles for drinks to meet some of their local friends. I would NOT stay anywhere but Muri Beach Cottages if I came back, and I'm so incredibly happy I have found this little gem~! "Sunny Regards", Kristin and Dan

Room Tip: Pole House!!!!
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
islandechilde, Owner at Muri Beach Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2017

Kia orana Kirstin and Dan,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It was a pleasure to have you two stay and I do hope a return visit will fit in with your busy lives. Sunny regards, Gwen and Diya, meow meow and ruff ruff!!

Reviewed 21 August 2016

Our cottage had location, location, location and so tranquil. None of that resort hype although close to the hype if you needed it. I would certainly recommend Gwen's cottage to others. No TV......just the sounds of the waves and water lapping at your doorstep.
Lovely chats each morning with Joe Joe the groundsman.
Internet available although I found it easier to purchase sim card from Blue Sky.
We didn't really cook in cottage as there was so much delicious economical food outlets nearby.
All in all....the cottages are quaint, clean with views to die for. I rate it 10 stars!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
islandechilde, Manager at Muri Beach Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2016

Kia orana,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay. Jojo joins me in wishing you well. Sunny regards, Gwen

Reviewed 10 August 2016

If you are looking for self contained affordable accomodation, this is it. My daughter and I stayed here for 10 days late July 2016 and will definitely be back.
The cottages have every thing you need, and although a little tired, when you are out and about most days or sitting on the deck looking at the view it really does not matter.
A quick 10 minute walk either on the beach or by road gets you into the centre of Muri.
Things to do......motor scooter is a must. Book online before you go or on your first day. They do get short of them. We got one for $110 for 7 days and our petrol cost $5. Night markets for fabulous food. Fruits of Rarotanga for snorkelling. Nautilus for a special dinner. Gwen and Joe Joe made us feel most welcome and did not hesitate to help and give advice.

Room Tip: The two rooms we stayed in were great. The water view cottage was smaller
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 April 2016 via mobile

I booked this cottage on line, from the 4th to the 10th of April for my partner nd I...
Gwen, organise us a transfer ( very useful ) from the airport to muri, at 10 pm our feet entered the pole house.... Oh my god what a bless! Stunning cozy little place! Just above the lagoon, overlooking the most beautiful spot for sunrises. I loved everything of this place, the view made my holiday for sure, but also the great hospitality that Gwen and Jojo gave us was great. I do recommend this place, is economic in a great position in the island and you will have all you need, I loved the fact that I felt like home!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rachepup
islandechilde, Owner at Muri Beach Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2016

Kia orana, It was a pleasure to have you stay with me and thank you for posting a review. I am blessed to be able to offer accommodation on a beautiful island in a special spot. Best wishes and sunny regards, Gwen

Also consider these accommodations in or near Muri
1.2 km away
0.8 km away
Muri Beachcomber
Muri Beachcomber
#1 of 17 in Muri

Been to Muri Beach Cottages? Share your experiences!