All reviews spa area body lotion italian buffet stayed here outdoor pool relaxation nakedness jacuzzi mountains elevator steam hiking
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed here several years back and was not impressed. It was a large room, but no view and actually overlooking the garbage area. Now back again for a week of business in local area and I have the same impression. Arrived mid day Sunday and room was ready... but again, I was assigned one of the worst... lowest floor, next to elevator, on top of restaurant with view of construction. I asked for another room and it was difficult because large group arriving on Thursday! ( it's Sunday , I am here all week) The other choice was large room overlooking parking lot/ front entrance. Turns out that every smoker smokes right beneath my room so several nights had to deal with smoke permeating my room. Breakfast buffet is comparatively one of the best. Restaurant only open 6:30 - 9 pm for dinner and nothing available after that! Not even a snack machine .... so don't work late or try to sauna after work and make dinner. Staff nice enough, but often 'overwhelmed' when there is a large group and then service is slow. If you don't know about or pre pay for the fixed dinner menu then you get whatever seating available. They definitely cater to the 'holiday' guest. The spa area... no English labels, no attendants to show you around or explain anything. No provisions in the spa ( no body lotion, slippers, etc couldn't even get a disposable razor anywhere in hotel since I forgot mine). Be prepared to see a lot of nakedness ... no one sits on towel in sauna or steam rooms ( I question the hygiene of this!) Paid 200€ + for spa treatments and was 'rushed' through as another appointment was after mine (30 min reflexology was completed in 16 min.). Had to stay here because the hotel I usually stay at was fully booked (2 other colleagues also on this trip). I know my company has used this hotel for years and has supplied them with a lot of guests/$. One would think they would be a bit more hospitable to us.
I suppose if you are on holiday this would be ok, but not my first choice when on business.
Very weird decor.... a mix of Tyrol, Asian Buddha /zen, and some Italian sculptures. New wing being built so 'Panoramic view' and patio is under construction.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Jacqueline C
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

What an amazing place to stay. On arrival at this family run hotel we were greeted by the owners daughter who immediately made us feel at home showed us around the hotel the pool and spa area are 5 star including inside and outside pools, every type of sauna you could want, Jacuzzis and various relaxation rooms all of which we put to good use through our visit.
The rooms were spotless and more than comfortable there is even a menu for pillow selection.
Food in the restaurant was fantastic and the staff through out the hotel were top class , we were made to feel at home and nothing was to much trouble . My wife indulged in some spa treatments and was treated like royalty.

There is some building work at present to add a further wing but the work did not impact at all on our visit.

Thankyou for wonderful stay.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

This is a little gem of a hotel with great rooms, pool, spa. Stayed only for one night but the staff were great and the restaurant was extremely good. For the price the service and the views it's well worth a visit. Well done.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 June 2017

I would call it “Pure Relax”. This is a place where you walk all day in a bathrobe, drowse, eat, swim and sit in a sauna. It is a very special type of vacation, and, frankly speaking, I had doubts we will like it after all the active vacations.
What can I say? We liked it very much. Three days there were just awesome quiet but not boring relax.
I’m pretty sure, experienced spa-lovers know this place. But also this place is very suitable for beginners, who do not know what to do, how to behave, what to use in such kind of places. Everything is very simple and easy to get. There are several spa areas with different offers: sleep on water mattress, swim inside or outside in warm or cold water, lay in a quite area with a beautiful view on Alps.
There is large area for Sauna, where normally people feel themselves comfortable being naked. I remember five different rooms with temperature from 40 to 100 and different humidity. There is an open air area with Jacuzzi and ice cold water.
You familiarize with all this facility fast and easy. Just relax and follow others, or ask the staff. Daytime you can go for lunch in restaurant wearing your bathrobe, in the evening you can get a delicious dinner in the same place. There is also a cozy bar for those who want to continue a party or chat with new friends.
If you feel a lack of activity you can find a gym there or go hiking.
I recommend to visit this place. It is luxury, maybe even a bit costly, but definitely worth it.
Some funny notes:
We found that during the weekend there are more people from other hotels or locals, because sauna is open for everybody. One of the best German traditions: put a towel on a chair early in the morning and do not appear at place till evening - sometimes drives you crazy. But you need to handle it like a cultural feature. Just do the same.
Smell of the fresh alpine air can seem strange to you. Do not worry, it isa typical fertilizer. It makes alpine grass so beautiful and alpine cows so well-fed.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

This is a great hotel worth the 4S rating. It has nice and big rooms with great view, great wellness, spa and pool. The location is quite remote, so you need a car to be mobile. They offer free shuttle to the nearest ski resort.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business