This hotel is in a lovely location with well maintained grounds and an impressive reception area, but those are the only things to warrant the 5* rating. We had a garden room, and although clean the furniture was pretty shabby. The staff had done their best to make the bathroom appear as attractive as possible but in reality it desperately cried out for refurbishment. The bath was worn out with age and the tiles and grouting were quite disgusting, as was the toilet bowl. The silicone seal around the bath could have been done by a 5 year old playing with modelling clay.
The buffet breakfast was very good but again sadly the tables on the terrace had seen better days. The white paint was worn, chipped and very grubby. There is an extensive menu, and the food is very good, but then becomes ridiculously expensive after all the extra service charges, taxes etc are added on. The pricing structure of the hotel discourages eating on site as better value can be had by getting one of the taxis outside the main gate to anyone of the multitude of restaurants and bars.
Checking in was very stressful. Especially after travelling for 16 hours. Not only were our details wrong, we had to change rooms TWICE over 2 days before getting the accommodation we had booked. Checking out was exactly the same, our names and account details were wrong!!
We didn't get the alarm call we had booked and this could have had dire consequences in relation to missing our flight.
The only saving grace for this hotel are the wonderful restaurant and housekeeping staff who are so weloming and always eager to please. The hotel is very well protected and regularly patrolled by security guards, who again are so courteous and polite.
If I stayed at this hotel again it would only be because of the lovely staff that would bring me back, together with an assurance that the rooms had been refurbished to the claimed 5* standard.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vivanta by Taj - Fort Aguada, Goa is at its best. Romantic. Charming. Vibrant. It has history woven in its walls. It's where royalty, heads of government and the biggest celebrities are known to frequent. For the luxury Goa experience, which no other place has been able to recreate. Not much has changed. In the renewed rooms, cottages and villas, the nouvelle restaurants, the island bar, and the Jiva spa where you'll go Ah! In our continuous endeavor to offer our guests the best product, service and value through the years, the Swimming pool at Vivanta by Taj - Fort Aguada, Goa will be closed between 10th to 25th September 2017 (both days inclusive) for periodic maintenance activity. During this period the pool facilities at our sister property Vivanta by Taj - Holiday Village, Goa will be available for use to our guests. Please be assured that the hotel has taken all necessary measures, to minimize the inconvenience caused to our guests. Any inconvenience caused is deeply regretted. All other facilities, and services remain fully operational during this period. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Booking.com, HotelQuickly and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Vivanta by Taj - Fort Aguada, Goa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - Fort Aguada, Goa Hotel Sinquerim
- Fort Aguada Beach Hotel
- Fort Aguada Beach Sinquerim
- Fort Aguada Beach Resort
- Vivanta By Taj - Fort Aguada, Goa India