“Lovely food”
Review of Munchner Haus

Munchner Haus
Cuisines: German
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

A quaint setting with delicious German fare on offer. Tasty main meals that were well priced. Delicious apple strudel! Service was unfortunately a little slow. Would visit again

Reviewed 25 May 2018

My wife and I dropped in since I studied in Munchen many years ago. We were very impressed with the classy repetition which I was fortunate to also experience in Germany. Service was excellent and the Eisbein was enormous, which must be washed down with a foaming draft beer. A doggy bag will be a good reminder at home of this clean, well-run, upmarket restaurant along Marine Drive in Shelley Beach, Natal South Coast.

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

We were looking for a restaurant to eat at with good food, nothing fancy and that would accommodate my young baby daughter.

Munchner Haus was fantastic. Restuarant was very South Coast casual and the food was a 10/10. Service was just as good. After passing the restaurant for many years will definitely go back.

The Eisbein was massive and they served us some extra cranberry cream! Fantastic!

The pork schnitzel was massive and very tasty.

Well done Munchner Haus!

Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is very dated and its decor is run down. We ate schnitzel and it was very good. However, the vegetables were bland and the peas and carrots were most likely from a frozen packet. We sat near the kitchen entrance and kept hearing the microwave beeping. They possibly rely to heavily on "Chef Mike" as Gordon Ramsay would say.

1  Thank LisaK5454
Reviewed 26 March 2018

The restaurant was recommended to us by our grandson Jean-Pierre. Being half German and grown up in a German household, the place intrigued me. We were a bit early but were only allowed in at 12h00. On enquiry, the restaurant did not make special effort to separate seafood from other food, but it was indicated that because we were early, our food would not be made where seafood was previously prepared and that it should be OK. (My wife is highly allergic to seafood. I thought the restaurant's reaction was just not good enough). The food was tasty but portions a bit big. I had the Bauern Platte. The Eisbein on it was excellent but the meat loaf and sausage on the platter were not particular tasty; rather gluey. I asked for red-cabbage (Rotkohl) but sadly they did not have any. They failed the "German"-test as one would expect a restaurant specialising in German Cuisine to have Rotkohl! The tables were well set but the atmosphere was rather dark and gloomy. There was little German decor and no German atmosphere. With a little bit of effort, the restaurant can become a true German venue.