“Nice Dinner”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

Despite being a Sunday, when the restaurant is usually closed, it is open on Sundays in August. We were well fed with delicious food. The menu had a good selection to cover every taste but was small enough so that things would be home made. Service was attentive. It is in a cosy medieval building and full of charm.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Had to ask for bill 6 times before they bring. Had to ask for the wine we ordered 3 times.

My experience is so bad that it has inspired me to write my first negative review.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

Excellent quality food.
Large choice of wine.
Pasta delicious.
Nice place in the village centre of Bard. Near the castle
I recommend this place for sure

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 8 August 2017

We enjoyed an excellent dinner at Ad Gallias. The quality of the food at this restaurant is easy to underestimate given the simple, unpretentious atmosphere of the restaurant. The menu featured am interesting variety of local specialties including a vegan menu for those so inclined. The meal began with a puree of red cabbage offered by the chef. The table beside us were offered the specialty of the region: lard which we preferred not to have. The antipasto was exquisite: soft rounds of calamari in a savoury potato mousse. For a first dish the boar-meat lasagna was scrumptious, flavourful without being heavy. For those who like deer meat, the deer sirloin pastry my partner had was exceptional and large in portion size. Service was friendly and attentive. After the meal, we took a short walk back up to the Fort which was open until midnight to enjoy the gorgeous view while digesting the delicious meal!

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 18 June 2017

I stayed at the hotel during my vacation.
The hotel is extremely pet friendly, which is one of the reasons I chose it.
The personnel is very friendly and welcoming.
Breakfast was quite well stocked.
The restaurant has vegetarian/gluten free options.
The chef is young and quite inventive. All fresh, local products and local specialties revisited.
The room was very spacious and they also cleaned my doggie's bed everyday!
They even offered me a bottle of bubbly on my birthday!
Really spent a great vacation!

Date of visit: June 2017