Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews lake maggiore junior suite swimming pool star hotel the main hotel very nice hotel little bit few issues perfect stay amazing place cooked to perfection shuttle service train station high quality breakfast room would highly recommend this hotel you will not be disappointed
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 July 2019

A fabulous setting, wonderful accommodation and superb staff. We stayed in the main hotel and were very happy with our room (106). Beautifully furnished, large with a beautiful bathroom. Breakfast was varied and tasty, with excellent omelettes made by a wonderful chef. The pool area is beautiful but does need some colour from plants to make it look a little less sterile as there is only greenery and no flowers in sight. You definitely need a car to get around as it's a good 5-10 minute drive into Arona where there are lots of lovely restaurants.

Date of stay: July 2019
CastelloDalPozzo, Direttore generale at Castello Dal Pozzo, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2019

Dear 173Karen,
thank you very much for having taken the time to share your feedback, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We truly appreciate your comments, a special thanks for highlighting the wonderful accommodation and superb staff, I will certainly share your generous words of praise with our Team​ and the "wonderful Chef" in service during the breakfast time.
Also, we would like to thank you for your suggestion regarding the pool that is brand new and in fact, some details are still underway in the area.

I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back at Castello Dal Pozzo Resort in the near future.

Warm regards,

General Manager - Castello Dal Pozzo

Reviewed 17 July 2019

Overall a very nice hotel with pleasant and friendly staff but is let down by a few issues.

1. The hotel is located approximately 2-3 miles from Arona town on the top of a hill. We knew this was the case beforehand but thought it would be OK because the hotel website states the following:

'You can reach us by car or by Train. We offer a shuttle service with a partner company from the Malpensa Airport or a private hotel shuttle from the Arona train station.'

It turns out there is no private hotel shuttle from Arona train station and so we were obliged to take taxis to and from the town at a cost of 12-15 Euro's a time so we ended up spending almost 100 Euros on taxis during our three night stay. I see that some other guests have mentioned this and the hotel's answer is that there is not enough demand. However I can't understand this as there is no shortage of staff and often there were 3 or 4 staff on reception. Surely it would be very easy for one of them to drive guests to and from town when needed, We did walk down the hill into town a couple of times but walking back up was not really possible in 30+ heat. The situation was also made more difficult because there were often no taxis waiting at the train station and the hotel advised us to call them and they would call a taxi for us. This was awkward as the staff didn't always understand who we were and on a couple of occasions the taxis they ordered didn't turn up. This statement should be removed from the website if there is no hotel shuttle or amended to make clear that guests will need to take taxis at their own expense.

2. Again as mentioned by another guest. Charging people for bottled water in the room is not what would be expected in a 5* hotel and seems rather mean.

3. On more than one occasion some basic items such as bread rolls and yogurt ran out at breakfast. When we asked if there was any more we were told no. Again, not really 5*.

I would recommend this hotel but just be aware of the above particularly if you are a guest with limited mobility as you will find it difficult to get to and from Arona without a taxi if you do not have your own car.

Dear DJK9876,
many thanks for your feedback, we are glad that you had a​ ​nice​ stay here at Castello Dal Pozzo "with pleasant and friendly staff​".

I am deeply sorry​ ​to hear about your experience​, we sincerely regret the disappointment experienced.
We strive​ to provide our guests with the highest quality service​, your valued feedback is important to us and will be used to monitor and improve the service provided to our guests.

I am ​glad that, overall, our property has matched your expectations, we are looking forward to having you back soon as our Guest.

Yours sincerely,

General Manager - Castello Dal Pozzo Resort

Reviewed 12 July 2019

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights! The accommodations were clean, comfortable, and overall exceeded our expectations. The staff was wonderful, caring, helpful, and just a joy to be around! Davide, Alexandria, Laura, Claudio, Sylvester, and Pasquale were a joy to talk to! Amazing with the guests to ensure they had a comfortable stay. Breakfast was brunch every morning and the resort had two different restaurants. One casual and one fancy. The food was fantastic at both! I would definately consider going back again. The city center is only a 5 minute cab ride away!

Ciao to Castello Dal Pozzo staff! Hai reso il nostro soggiorno un ricordo fantastico che non dimenticheremo mai!

Dear Carole G,
thank you for having taken the time to share your feedback.

We are thrilled that you had a great experience and enjoyed your stay with us​, ​highlighting the ​accommodations, breakfast, food and the professional service of our Staff.
​T​hank you very much for such nice compliments,​ ​it will be my pleasure to share your comments with Davide, Alexandria, Laura, Claudio, Sylvester, Pasquale​​, and the entire Staff.
Looking forward to welcoming you back soon, please do not hesitate to contact ​us for any assistance you may need.

Warm regards,

General Manager - Castello Dal Pozzo

Reviewed 10 July 2019

What a find this place is such a find a very beautiful relaxing holiday we had from Rachel and her team what lovely girls to the owner,Denis Leonardo and every one thank you so much the food was just out of this world the only complaint was there was to much to chose from I couldn’t make my mind up.
I highly recommend this place to stay have been around the world at many top hotels but I think this was one of the best thank you everyone

Reviewed 27 June 2019

This is a lovely hotel. However, at check-in, on the last day of our honeymoon, the hotel staff pulled a suspect move at check-in. They tried to upgrade us to their best room for €100 for the night "as a special rate for our honeymoon / which they never do." Curious, I checked out the room.

It was a long and hot walk across their properties (after we'd already been in the car 4 hours) to the biggest room in the castle, which was beautiful. The castle is a little dark and lonely, it seems like all of the activity is in the main hotel so I decided not to take them up on their offer and stick with our regular room, a deluxe lake view in the palace or castle.

They bring my husband and me to the room, which turned out to not have a lakeside view and was described as a suite but ended up being just a small room with no view. I explained that this was not the room that we booked (three-four months prior) and that we wanted the room that we asked for.

So we waited, on the last day on our honeymoon, after a 4 hour drive, in the lobby for them to fix the situation.

At the moment, check in has taken probably an hour and a half, time that we could have used to freshen up and make our way into Milan, which, unfortunately, never ended up happening because they took so long to get us our room.

After waiting, they brought us to the correct room that we booked, only after a short lecture that "guests don't know what they are booking when they book"... so it was my fault?

They bring us to the room and it is the picture image of the room I booked when booking through their website. Exactly the same as the picture.

I was relieved to have the right room and saw flowers and chocolates on the table in the room, which I was happy to see until they promptly took them away and said: "These are actually for somebody else." Which made everything clear, the rate, confusion, and all.

My guess is, they had given our room to someone else, tried to get us to pay €100 to make the problem go away, and almost made us stay in a really poor room as a fix. All the while wasting time on our honeymoon. This was painful and upsetting.

The staff made up for it by sending sparkling wine and strawberries and helping us figure out a plan for the evening.

I would have loved to go to Milan with my husband and take full advantage of our last day/night. The upside was we saw Arona, the town on Lake Maggiore which was lovely and low key. The downside is that we didn't see Milan's main attractions.

Despite their best efforts to rectify the situation, missing out on those experiences and the ordeal getting into the room we actually booked, makes me give this hotel a poor rating.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
CastelloDalPozzo, Direttore generale at Castello Dal Pozzo, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2019

Dear Sarah M,
thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, we are sorry to read that your experience was less than exceptional.
Please allow me to clarify your arrival. Our Front Desk team has suggested an upgrade with a very special offer ​to our Signature Suite Virginia, the only reason is that we thought it would be nice to celebrate​ your honeymoon in the Suite Virginia, that is our beautiful​ and ​biggest room of the Resort.

​Following your decision not to accept the Signature Suite Virginia, we showed your room, the same room category of your booking with a slightly different layout. In fact, as you may have noticed, there was your sparkling wine and strawberries that normally we offer to our Guests in honeymoon or in romantic retreats.

Following you requested to have the same room of the picture that you saw on our website and knowing that it was still available, we have changed the room assignment. We didn't want to keep you waiting too long, at that point our Staff has decided to bring you immediately to the "picture room" where another Guest was expected, the flowers and the chocolate box were personal gifts received for them.

There is no reason to "suspect" of us, it is our mission to make each and every Guest feel welcome and I am truly sorry to hear that we fell short of our goal during your recent visit.
We strive to deliver excellent service, I truly hope you will give us a chance to earn back your trust

Yours sincerely,