Priceline
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 April 2015

When I arrived, I was expecting a single bed with private bathroom, but this was obviously an issue to their already booked rooms, so they upgraded me to a bedroom with a bigger bed. Not sure if it was better, but at that point, it didn't matter to me. Before the owner was aware I had a reservation, he quoted me 280 yuen…over double what my room was worth…just hope he wasn't looking for a quick buck.

The room had a very tacking beach surf theme. The bed was rock hard, but I was tired enough to not let it bother me. There are 3 dogs on the property (one barked a lot), and a caged monkey in the back which kinda bothered me a bit as it was a small cage for the size of the monkey.

I had supper with the volunteers, owner, and other guests (40 yuen), and personally, I quite enjoyed the meal. The young daughter of the owner who handled the money and bookings was probably the best employee out of everyone, and was a big help.

I was wide awake from 4am on…why?….because of the damn rooster who called out for the entire morning!

Overall, if I go back, I think I will try a different place closer to the pond.

Date of stay: April 2015
1  Thank Ben L
Reviewed 19 November 2014

The hostel itself was lovely, I had a great time there and even got my room upgraded for free for one of the two nights I was there. I loved the authentic feel to the hotel and the owner was also very nice. The location of the Hostel makes you feel like you are staying in real China and the surrounding area is very picturesque.

The only problem I had with the Hostel and the area was with the food. The first day I had no problem due to meeting some similar aged people who spoke enough English to get me vegetarian food when I went for a meal with them. However the 2nd night I really struggled, the hostel itself had already had dinner, of which I did not realise it was a timed thing and so they had run out of anything vegetarian, and the surrounding restaurants only spoke Chinese so getting my point across was difficult.

I did eventually find some food however it was difficult.

The location, if going to climb the mountain is great as there is a bus that goes straight from the entrance to the area so that was great.

I would recommend going to see Yi County as it is in my opinion "Real China" and is very beautiful and although difficult to communicate to the locals all seemed lovely but I would not recommend anyone staying for more than 1 night if vegetarian, however I doubt there is much out there.

Also the rooms themselves were very nice, clean and spacious.

Date of stay: April 2014
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I really enjoyed staying here. It's a cosy place in a beautiful historic building. The owner is very friendly and welcoming. It felt like I had a room in a family house rather than a hostel. Very homely. I hope I manage to return some day soon.

Date of stay: February 2014
1  Thank Maurice P
Reviewed 27 February 2014

The inn is very nice,is a traditional chinesse house, as the other inns in town.
The food was good but it is much cheaper go to a restaurant than stay at the inn.
My friend and I stayed there only one night and we didn't like the hosts at all. We didn't talk to them too much but we saw them hit their dogs with a stick wich they kept crying for a long time and they also have a monkey in a very tinny cage.

Date of stay: November 2013
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Kenny T
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 2 weeks in early February and I have to say staying here was one of the most interesting and rewarding places I have travelled to in a long time. The food was amazing, the people at the Inn became like family and the village is nothing short of beautiful! If you go anywhere in China, go here.

Date of stay: February 2014