“The lobster is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G”
Review of Bombas Beach Bar

Bombas Beach Bar
Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Mullins
Cuisines: Caribbean, Fusion
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 11 April 2017

We'd been recommended to visit Bombas and also warned that Wayne the owner could be moody too. So off we went as we wanted to know what all the fuss was about.

I had the lobster which was totally AMAZING. It was half of a HUGE lobster cooked in garlic butter. I haven't tasted lobster like it and likely never will until I visit Bombas again. I had rice and salad as sides. Hubby had the chicken curry which other posters have raved about and whilst he said it was nice he said it wasn't anything out of the ordinary.

We were seated on the bottom deck right by the water, the beach was all lit up as was the most amazing palm tree. It really is a fab place to sit and dine.

I'd recommend you take Barbados dollars as there is a surcharge on the bill otherwise. As for Wayne, the owner..... I think you just have to take him how he is. We did and he was very pleasant with us.

2  Thank Sylvana123

Reviewed 3 April 2017

I've been there many times over a couple years. This is hands down my favorite place on the island. Hasn't changed since my first time there :)

Reviewed 2 April 2017

Great place to sit and a true local bar / restaurant. Portions small and expensive. We did not go back there are plenty of other places to visit

2  Thank Diskdr
Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

Bombas year 2. Drains still intermittently stinky one year on together with the unchanged attitude. Good place for a sunset drink and the food not bad. Menu largely unchanged but interesting specials.

1  Thank Pauline F
Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

We went to Bombas by coincidence as we were not aware that Mullin's Beach Bar, which is just 100m down the road from Bombas, doesn't serve food after 7:00pm...
The place is not easy to find, if you don't know what to look for as the house is colorfully painted in Rasta-style black, green, yellow and red, but it doesn't say anywhere on the road that it's a restaurant. Anyway - when we came in, we were lucky to get a table, and settled in. The food was delicious, the service maybe not the fastest, but likeable and personal and most of all the cosy setting on a terrace under palm trees and the starts, overlooking the sea, was really nice.
The place is quite small so it's not buzzing, but that suited us quite well. We still found that we were lucky (as we came quite early) that we got a table, as it filled up quickly.
Overall a very pleasant experience and we will surely come again..

1  Thank Mathias H