“Set in a Beautiful Park”

Restaurante Quinta dos Sete Castelos
Ranked #36 of 153 Restaurants in Oeiras
Price range: US$18 - US$29
Reviewed 2 November 2016

Do not judge this restaurant by the exterior. Very nicely decorated on the inside with an excellent staff que Provides plenty of attention. The downstairs is small (more than 20), but it seats more than 30 upstairs. Outdoor seating is available under umbrellas.

The bread starter is .75 euros. the coke was 2 euros, the scotch was 4.5 euros, rum and white wine Were 4 euros each. I ordered the lunch Executive Which was salmon is 6.5 euros and my wife order the steak special for 16 euros, BOTH topped with prawns. My dish was very good. It was a filet, while my wife's rated excellent According to her. She Especially enjoyed the sauce.

Not only are we going back but we are going to bring visitors here from the US next month.

Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

We were staying in the area and visited both on our first and last nights. I can't remember a time I've been so well looked after in a restaurant - our wine glasses were topped up all evening, despite only being charged for a glass each and we were even given a sample-sized dessert and a digestif at the end of the evening.

The food is first-rate, those who comment about the cost should see how much food the same money will get you elsewhere. After our first trip, we found a starter between us was more than enough, as both those and the mains are far bigger than you'll find elsewhere (unless you're American). Can't recommend both the ceviche and the marinated octopus enough.

Reviewed 26 April 2016

Thsi is a nice restaurant with a beautiful quiet terrace in a large garden not far from Santo Amaro railway station.
Some unusual dishes in the menu, good friendly service.
Prices are fine, averege-to-slightly high, but beware of the price of the couvert (bread + olive oil + tuna pate).
Overall a very nice dining experience, especially in a sunny day

Reviewed 6 January 2016

We passed this restaurant on a walk around Oeiras where we were visiting a local science institute. I looked it up on tripadvisor, and figured it would be worth a try. I am so glad we ended up there tonight because it was AMAZING! Legitimately, probably the best meal I have ever had in my entire life. The setting also rocks - the restaurant is located in a gorgeous park and gardens, with ruins of an old mansion/farm(?) as the focal point in the park. The very cool setting alone merits the review at least 3 stars, even if the restaurant didn't serve some of the best cuisine I've ever tasted.

I originally searched the facebook page for the menu, and was a bit confused because it only lists the specials for the day. However, the menu is vast (and they have an english menu -- a huge plus for us!), vegetarian-friendly, and many Portuguese as well European fusion options. We both ordered risotto (my partner went for duck, and I did the veggie citrus risotto) and it was seriously fantastic. My partner said it was the best duck he ever had, and my veggie risotto was also the best I've ever tasted. Perfectly cooked, nice citrus flavor that brought out the wine, and perfectly cooked veggies that were well integrated in the dish. Serious yum.

After our delicious dinner, we definitely wanted to try dessert. We had a chocolate lava cake with homemade tangerine ice cream, as well as assorted mousse. HOLY COW. The cake was delicious, the chocolate filling smooth, piping hot, and not so chocolately as to be bitter. The assorted mousse was also fantastic -- I particularly enjoyed the fruit infused one (I think passion fruit?).

We also enjoyed great service, and some excellent wine with our meal. All in all, one of the best dining experiences of my life, and a place I would recommend to everyone.

Reviewed 10 October 2015

This is the same restaurant I reviewed in July 2013 (http://www.tripadvisor.com.br/ShowUserReviews-g1154791-d2616971-r166973913-Sete_Castelos-Oeiras_Lisbon_District_Central_Portugal.html). After being closed for some time, in August 2015 reopened with a different manager but with the same chef. Then, it is not surprising that the food keeps the same quality and taste. The room remains cosy and relaxing. The new manager (who worked there before) is the one serving at the table and is efficient. Unfortunately the toilets were a bit smelly and the hands soap available was in an ordinary package from any the supermarket...