“Hidden gem in Oeiras”

Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

While in Lisbon for a few days off we chose to spend the (Sun)day in Oeiras/Cascais.

This restaurant was advised by a local friend and it proved to be a great choice! They serve traditional homemade Portuguese food. Nothing too fancy...the real deal...food that your Portuguese grandmother would offer whenever you drop by! Meat is good, fish is good. Really enjoyed the cod "pataniscas"...I could almost feel the scent and flavour coming out of the kitchen on those family gatherings.

Well, that being said, add up a comfortable and peaceful room, nice staff and a very interesting price/quality ratio and that's why I consider it to be a hidden gem.

I usually visit Lisbon while on work so I tried out many restaurants along the years. I must say I will consider dropping by whenever possible in future visits.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank JoaoAraujo1980

Reviewed 24 May 2018

Walked in for dinner. Very much a local place with some exotic dishes from parts of Africa along with local food. The staff were very friendly and the food was good.

Location - 8/10
Recommend - Yes

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank Anand1968
Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

A restaurant with mostly locals. Menu in portugese but waiter translated. We had cabbage soup as starter - surprise and very good. As main courses cod (bacalau) with butter garlic and vegetables + grilled swordfish (peixe-espada). Local white wine. Food well prepared and tasty. Rushed but friendly service.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

A great welcome first in spotted I was English must be my great Portuguese gives me away. Offered help with menu and recommended local fish for starter followed by grilled dorado simple potatoes and salad all done simply and well. If you like carte dor have desert if not give it a miss, made me smile to see vientts on the menu reminded me of my mum’s sunday teas. Friendly staff quick service would I come back yes

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 23 May 2017

I remember the first time I went to Maritima some 20 years ago and had an excellent 'arroz de polvo'. I also remember going many many times after that and not having one bad experience. The Portuguese lunch staples are served generously at good prices, with a friendly staff. When I happen to be in the area to meet someone over lunch, even if I don't end up in Maritima, it is still very likely the first name that springs to mind.

Date of visit: March 2017