All reviewsthe blue roomcommon roombeautiful houseother guestsbreakfast was deliciouskelly
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Lovely village, lovely house, lovely room, lovely welcome. Best drinking water found on a 5 week trip to Canada. (Much better than I have to drink at home, but that's not difficult.)

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 June 2012

This isn't your floral chintz B & B, but instead is a rambling house filled with quirky, unexpected touches. Pluses are a great breakfast, a lounge for guests with comfortable sofas and chairs (and lots of board games), books you'd never come across anywhere else (I spent some time with the story of a Nova Scotian sailor), and a host who always has something on the go. Two caveats - all guest rooms share one bath which could be dicey if there's a full house, and the age of the house means it has a mustiness that can set off mold/mildew sensitivities.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jo M
kelbing, Owner at The Tidal Life Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2012

Thanks for the review and we are glad you enjoyed your stay! Just to clarify a few points. The house has more than three full washrooms, only one is designated per room. No one ever has to share a washroom, we take bookings based on that alone. Also, this house is 150 year old heritage home, so it doesn’t have loads of character, but the house is tested on a yearly basis, given it’s age, and it is 100% mold free. We apologize if you had any sensitivities.

Reviewed 21 May 2012

I travelled with 4 of my best mates to this beautiful country town and stayed at this guesthouse!!! And my goodness, I could not have wished for anything better. Kelly and his mascots (Louie and Armstrong) make you feel so warm and welcomed to be in their home. It truly is a home away from home. And even then, it may just be that little bit better. From croquet to sitting around a fire, venturing out in the woods to ghost tours. I had the best four days of my holiday here at Tidal Life Guesthouse and there will be so many moments and memories I will never forget. Kelly will be able to tell you anything you want to know in the area and about his home "hint hint", be sure to ask the history of this amazing 150 year old pleasure. Kelly transformed this amazing place into a guesthouse with the utmost character and heart-filled home I have ever seen, and the best part is, he wants to share it with everyone. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!! Thanks for such an amazing holiday Kelly x

Room Tip: No need for a tip here. The room will pick you :)
Reviewed 17 April 2012

A group of 4 of us (Australians) stayed at this fantastic b&b. The 140 year old house as a charm all its own with a spacious yet coosy feel. All the rooms were very comfortable each with its own style. Kelly was am amazing host making at all feel right at home. His knowledge of the areas history was of great interest to me.We even had a day of Croquet and drinks in the huge grounds around the house. Bings restaurant only a min away from the b&b is must do in maitland with great food and beer selection.
This was an undoubted highlight of my 8 week north america trip that i couldn't recommend higher to any traveller.

Reviewed 17 April 2012

I spent 4 days at the Tidal Life Guesthouse and it was truly a magical experience. Kelly (the owner), Louie and Armstrong (the dogs) were amazing hosts, they were extremely warm and welcoming and accommodating into their home, which made it hard to leave to see the sights of Maitland. Kelly who also owns Bing's Restaurant, which is located about a 3 minute drive up the road, served up beautiful and delicious food, with a variety of beer. I can't fault anything about my stay and look forward to coming back to Maitland from Australia just to experience it again!

1  Thank Kirstie G