Hostel Taganga Pelican
Hotels.com
US$30
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$38/night.

Tayrona Dive Center(Taganga)(Great Value!)
US$25
Republika Divanga(Taganga)(Great Value!)
US$18
Hostelworld.com
  • Bar/Lounge
La Casa de Felipe Hostel(Taganga)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
Sierraventura Hostel(Taganga)(Great Value!)
Taganga Paradise Hostal & Diving(Taganga)(Great Value!)
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 June 2013

We got a large room with 3 beds. The overall place was clean, basic, but served it's purpose. The front desk staff were friendly and always available. It was away from the bars and next to the police station. I'd recommend this place to travelers on a budget.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 March 2013

First of all, the price...the dorm is 25.000C not included breakfast, which is $14 and what I would consider expensive. It appears that Taganga is more pricey, for no reason really. We did not have reservation arriving in Taganga, which I would highly recommend. Also, I would book another hostel if I'll be back. When we arrived we were surprised that 5 other hostels were full on a normal out of high season Tuesday. Taganga is very popular. It's a Mecca for divers and party people. Some nice beaches are to be reached by boat.

Ok, back to the hostel...
The kitchen is very poorly equipped, no lighter to light the stove, no knife, no glasses, only couple of plates and very few stencils.

The wifi only works in the lobby, which is a huge pain. Also no plugs to charge while using your device in the lobby.

The beds were clean, but super uncomfortable. Being on the top bunk, I was fearing for my life, as the beds are not protected with any sort of frame. Shower in our dorm (#202) was a joke. It was one pipe sticking out of the wall.

I'm usually OK with all of that, but the price have to be right. In my mind there's a big gap between price and quality in this hostel. Find somewhere else.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rejsefugl
Reviewed 29 September 2012

We've stayed in the hostel (which was recommended to us by Jose from Tyrona Dive Center) 5 nights. Room was nice and fairly clean, so were the facilities. Free wi-fi in the downstairs area as well. No A/C, just fan - were comfortable, but it does get hot so may not be for everyone. Mosquitoes are not a big problem, but repelent was necessary (as there're no screens in windows). It has nice common area on the 2nd floor with kitchen and fridge. The hostel itself was very quiet. Taganga is very small, so you're close to everything anyway.
While in town, we highly recommend Babganush restaurant - it's on top of the Tyrona Dive Center (on your left as you enter Taganga).

Room Tip: Don't thake the top floor - the rooms there get really hot under the roof
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2012

I was so disappointed from that hostel.
the staff treatment is really bad. the owner cares only about the money.

there are so many nice hostels in taganga ... I just recommend not this one.
they even charge me one night for just putting my bags in.. me and my friend didnt stay that night because we needed to go to tyrona park and we got charge for 40000 pesus which was ridicules.

never going to go back there. stay away they are hungry for your money.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 June 2012

I stayed at Pelikan Hostel for 5 nights with a friend, and it worked out great for us. We had a private room and bath, and A/C too. Breakfast isn't included, but it's cheap if you want it there. There are also a lot of places in town to get breakfast too. The room was cleaned daily, it wasn't loud at night, and the staff are nice. It's also a very nice location, just a block off the main street and beach, and next to the police station.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends