All reviews the main street air con dogs barking cooked breakfast pool area upgraded room lovely pool and gardens great room with balcony owner maria nice clean hotel enjoyable hotel safe key nothing is too much trouble plenty of sunbeds clean towels relaxing environment this small family run hotel
Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

What an amazing amazing place to stay! Over 30 family members stayed and the famiky treated us amazingly! Especially when my flight was cancelled Matina couldn’t of been kinder. Very clean, really modern and gorgeous food. Would go back in a hearbeat!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2017

20 of us stayed at the George Hotel in August for the week of our wedding and birthdays. The staff were absolutely fantastic and could not do enough for us. We were so well looked after and nothing was too much trouble. We also arranged a BBQ through Matina for the day after our wedding for all of our friends and family so 42 in total and this was fantastic, the food was amazing and our guests from other hotels were very welcomed. We had a lovely surprise returning to the hotel on the night of our wedding with the biggest bunch of grapes I've ever seen, flowers and wine and also my husbands birthday and one of our friends birthday a lovely card and bottle of wine in the room. I have stayed in lots of hotels and can honestly say the staff at this one are the absolute best. Thank you for a fantastic week.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Ceri J
Reviewed 24 October 2017

Hotel in a good position for a stay in Nidri, near the town but quiet for peaceful stay. rooms cleaned daily by excellent staff. Very good breakfasts well organised. I only had two problems with this small family run hotel, one being the twin rooms advertised and requested turned out to be double beds, so I had to spend a week on a single sofa bed as I did not want or request to spend sharing with a friend!! The other small matter was the high price of drinks and snacks in the George compared to cafes and bars in the town where there were lots to choose from.
I did enjoy being by the pool though, clean quiet and lots of comfortable sunbeds to choose from by the pool and garden.

Yes I recommend the George Hotel and Nidri. But do not go on the recommended Coach Trip round the Island though as you will be 30 Euros worse off it was boring, uncomfortable and certainly not worth the money as they take you to the most tatty beach for late lunch in the most un Greek café, Not a Taverna in site!!

Room Tip: pool side ground floor
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank REW804
margazis, Διευθυντής at G. George, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2018

Thank you very much for your nice words and recommendation!Accept our apologies for the trouble we cause you with the single bed.Its true there was no available single bed room as you requested.But if I remember well on your second day there was availability but you prefered to stay on your first room!Be sure that every time we do our best for your requests but the specific week on your arrival there were too many requests for single beds.About food & drinks on the end of season you will find for sure a lot of cafes,bars,restaurants with offers as soon they will be close for winter.Maybe that's the only reason I can imagine that you found a difference on prices.
Now about the Coach Trip I would like to make clear that we are no promoting or selling any Trip. Coach Trip is organized and reccomended from your tour operator!

Hope to see you and your friends again!

Reviewed 1 October 2017

A wonderful small family run hotel with a lovely pool in an ideal position just off the Main Street in Nidri, close to shops and restaurants but quiet enough if you want some peace.
The staff are polite, professional and friendly. Plenty of sun beds and umbrellas, which are in the sun throughout the day.
The rooms are very clean and nicely decorated. The bed and pillows are very comfortable and sheets and towels are changed frequently. Free Wifi available with good reception.
The food is excellent, home made jams and eggs from their own chickens. Maria the owner is happy to cook omelets or bacon and eggs to order just ask. They have a barbecue on Friday nights which is very good value, eat as much as you want. We have been here for 3 weeks and plan to return again next year.
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: My husband is disabled and we were given a room on the ground floor near the pool which we requested prior to arrival.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Lou F
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

First night they had run out of rooms, so stayed close by but in consolation was given a free meal with wine, excellent food. Next day moved to the main site, room was large, extremely comfortable king size bed, good views of the hills. Good amount of sun beds, very relaxing environment. Staff friendly and helpful, especially the many talented Khalid. Breakfasts were adequate, always a hot dish, a good start to the day. If they could only stop the dogs barking and roosters crowing during the night would be great. Saying that I still slept well.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo