“A DELICIOUS CHRISTMAS LUNCH”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Sirena

La Sirena
Ranked #13 of 142 Restaurants in Leigh-on Sea
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: With our authentic Italian food, ambient atmosphere and high standards of service you can be assured of a great time every visit. Our pasta is freshly made daily to a traditional Italian family recipe. We provide a modern dining room for classic and familiar Italian dishes and international wines.
London, United Kingdom
“A DELICIOUS CHRISTMAS LUNCH”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2012

Our table of 7 thoroughly enjoyed a good Christmas lunch with enough choices to please everyone and every dish was tasty, timely and nicely displayed. Please put sauce in the seafood horn is the only advice I would offer. excellent caring friendly but professional service

• Visited December 2011

St Albans, United Kingdom
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2011

The service was great - I think I had the nicest spaghetti bolognaise I have ever had. Thoroughly recommended - just sad we do not live nearer

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank Julie B
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2011

We recently visited this restaurant and was pleasantly suprised. Be warned the portions are very large so it is very easy to over order, however the waiter that served us was amazing and rather than just letting us over order and take our money he advised us to order less, obviously very clever as he obviously values regular custom rather than one off's. I would not say it is cheap but reasonably priced and generally if you order correctly good value for money. The staff are amazing and very welcoming and we went away very happy with the whole experience. Look forward to going back soon

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank 111dave111
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
“Don't argue.....just go there!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2011

Firstly, I must stress that I am a local who is in NO WAY connected with this Restaurant. I have visited this Restaurant twice on a Saturday night in the last three weeks. They are always busy so it would be wise for you to book. To summarise, the food is brilliant, the service is great and the value for money is second to none. If you want to know more...read on.

The Restaurant is fairly small and has more of a Bistro feel than a Restaurant. It is very open and bright so don't go there if you want a candlelit dinner for two. It is quite noisy and busy but the atmosphere is warm and friendly and I would say it is best to liken it to a nice restaurant that you would go to on holiday abroad.

The Head Waiter is very professional and service is efficient and very friendly from all the staff. You get a a warm welcome when you arrive. These guys really know what they are doing. If you go there once and return they remember your face and what you ate. An amazing feat given how many customers they have.

The menu is extensive. Normally this would concern me as the more you see, the more the chance of mediocre food. Well, based on mine and my wife's experience, that is definitely not the case here. My wife had Salmon, I had the Rack of Lamb and my Father, the Swordfish. To start, we shared a platter bread, olive oil and olives. This came with fresh Focacia bread which was delicious.

We shared a starter, had mains, dessert and two bottles of wine. with coffee and a complimentary glass of Limoncello. Total bill for three people, just over £100. We will definitely be going back! One last thing. The portions are huge so make sure you go there hungry!

This Restaurant is a real find and deserves it's success and your support. So, in conclusion, don't argue....just go there!

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank Cliff L
“Very enjoyabl”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2011

We decided to visit La Sirena on a whim and we were really pleased that we did.

We decided to start with the tomato bread while looking at the menu. We expected a couple of bits of tomato bread (which is a traditional item) and were stunned when a large garlic and tomato bread turned up. It was so delicious we ate the whole thing!

My husband then had a platter or meats and pickled vegetables and I had the deep fried scampi, calamari and vegetables - both were delicious.

For our mains I had a risotto with cheese on top and my husband had pasta dish with chicken and prawns. My husband really enjoyed his main although my risotto was just OK, not as good as I've had elsewhere recently. This wouldn't put me off at all as it was a really enjoyable experience all round, I'd just go for a different main in future.

• Visited August 2011