See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

The hotel has a good location, close to central Brussels. The price is cheap and the rooms are a bit old looking. It's right beside the train station so its a bit noisy. Its worth a stay if you're on a budget.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2017

I didn´t make it to the room. The owner start saying we didnt paid for the night(I paid with paypal) he started to ask me over and over for my credit card. i showed him the reservation nummer, complet name and still nothing. once he started to questioning my religious beliefs i just left, I only wanted a room to sleep for 1 night but because of this incident i didnt stayed there... Just take care and see the comments before doing a reservation.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

Found this hotel quute easily. Got early check in. The front desk man was always helpful and very friendly. Pleasant man.. first the elevator is like something out of the 60s and can barely hold 2 persons.
Got to the room... the corridors were bit dark and lots of carpets with water marks.
I didnt like the room to be honest. It was soo tiny and water mark carpets. The comforter set was tattered and re-stitched many times. The wash room tiny. The room was very cold. I ask if they can put on the heat and was told no hotels in europe put on heat in the day and that it will be on after 8pm... well i was just returning from 6 other european hotels and rooms were always warm. Anyhow by 6pm i had on about 3 jackets and my hat in my room and decided to ask again. I received a portable warmer. Wow this was the only good thing..well also i did sleep good as the bed was comfortable.

I was really happy to get out of there after my one night stay before i caught my flight back home.

They serves breakfast which was very basic .

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Coryy20
Reviewed 12 January 2017

1.Less than 5 min walk to Gare Midi/Zuid, super convenienct! However, on the other hand, the great location sometimes represents noise. I didn't find it a problem because I had a good sleep, but people who are susceptible to sound might need to think twice or ask for a room away from the railway.
2.Friendly receptionists- they provided a tourism map of Bruxelles which was quite helpful because unlike in Paris, you cannot get one at the wickets in bruxelles metro station.
3.The room was clean and they provided an electric fan and additional comforters which were put in the closet.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 December 2016

As you leave the Midi (also Sud just to confuse you) railway station you pass several well known hotels before arriving at the Contin*n*al (several letters in the sign were missing). The reception area is dismal, and the guys hanging around almost sinister. But the receptionist was friendly and efficient. My room was drab, but, hey, this is economy stuff. It was clean, had beds for four, a desk (no light), good free wi-fi and a clean bathroom with an excellent shower. Lots of electric sockets. Some of the light switches worked. Breakfast was adequate (with a helpful gentleman in attendance), the coffee truly awful. But let's get real- we went out for a Michelin starred restaurant that evening and one course would have paid for my room and breakfast in the Continental. I ended up liking the place and found it much better than some of the reviews

Room Tip: Ask to see it
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business