“A pleasant surprise overall”
Review of Le Quartier Latin

Le Quartier Latin
Ranked #54 of 240 Restaurants in Ixelles
Price range: US$10 - US$23
Cuisines: Belgian, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Hello, Do not hesitate to contact us by mail - before your visit for a reservation, an information, a menu, ... - after your visit for a notice, an advice, In any case, we are at your disposal. See you soon! Nicolas of the Latin Quarter.
Reviewed 26 March 2017

First impression was good: an unpretentious bar in a student quarter with appropriately bare wooden tables, and a friendly welcome at 21.30. We had not been sure whether it was too late for dinner, and were ready to be told "drinks only", but were asked courteously whether we wished to eat. Second impression was less encouraging: a main course at €50 in a student restaurant? Come on! We avoided the absurd and ordered a couple of light dishes. The price looked high - €15 for a simple salad with warm goat's cheese -- but in fairness it was simple, well-dressed, and first-class. Efficient and unremarkable service. By Brussels standards, this was OK. Would go back.

Date of visit: March 2017

Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

Went to this restaurant on a Wednesday night for dinner after traveling from Canada. It was right around the corner from where we were staying. The patio is beautiful and the beers were cold, there wasn't anything wrong with the food is had just expected better from the reviews. We tried to order mussels but they were out, we ended up having a charcuterie board, the tuna, croquettes and pasta. It was all good, but average. The service was the same.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

My boyfriend brought me here for a birthday meal and I had a lovely evening. The place looks lovely - outside and in and there is a great atmosphere. The staff here were extremely helpful and friendly and made the experience all the better!

The food was absolutely amazing. We had prawns to start which were cooked in the best sauce I have ever tasted. My boyfriend had steak whilst I had tuna steak and both were cooked to perfection with wonderful presentation.

Could not recommend this restaurant more!! Definitely worth a short trip out of the centre for amazing food at a very reasonable price.

Surprisingly easy to get to from the centre - it was very easy to take the 95 bus from the centre and a speaker announced the station (eterbeek gare) in good time to get off the bus.

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank jazmin93
Reviewed 23 May 2016 via mobile

So we were looking for a restaurant and it was 11 pm so I searched here on tripadvisor restaurants in Bruxelles that are still open and I found this one. When we arrived it was almost empty ( by the way I couldn't believe nobody wants to go out to eat in such a big city at this time on Friday?! ) the guy asked the chef if we could still get something to eat and I guess he said ok so we sat down. My boyfriend decided to order simply a cheeseburger so that won't be long and complicate to cook but turned out there was no cheese or any kind of burger and we didn't have the menus anymore so poor thing ended up with a Bolognese. It was good by the way the Moelleux was so delicious and they were kind. I even broke a glass of beer while talking like a real italian and then I felt like wow they must hate us by now but they were really kind.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 5 May 2016

Came here with a girl friend last week, and had a wonderful experience! The service was pleasant and the food the sole and the lobster were delicious. I will definitely be back. :)

Date of visit: April 2016