“Soft stew meet, friendly staff ”
Review of Le Bugatti

Le Bugatti
Ranked #5 of 239 Restaurants in Ixelles
Price range: US$16 - US$34
Cuisines: Belgian
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Good plain cooking with typical dishes from Belgium since 1988: Stew beef with cheek of ox in trappist dark beer, rabbit stew (boned) with Kriek, tomatoes stuffed with grey shrimps, homemade shrimps and cheese croquettes, veal blanquette, Zeeland mussels, sole meunière, saddle of hare, veal kidneys liegeoise way...; still a family restaurant, in an authentic and atypical frame: private old garage in a 19th century house Art Nouveau and Horta with a stained-glass window from 1885 designed by Jean Baptiste Capronnier.
Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

Dinner like, 3 menus. Stew in beer sauce and home made fries was really good. Meat, you can call it Softy, self digesting in mouth.
True, that it takes time to get the dishes, but this is specifics of restaurant, customer made to order and fresh.
Inside was too hot (no AC?), but some small tables on the pavement make a nice roundup, since road is quiet one.
They take only cash, are you kidding me?

1  Thank radovans587

Reviewed 6 May 2018

Charming pub-style restaurant. Friendly staff, great food.
The white asparagus was delicious (seasonal)!
Recommended!

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Le Bugatti never disappoints. The food is always excellent traditional Belgian cuisine and the decor sympathique. A keeper. We will go back again, and again, it's that good.

1  Thank Ilhamama
Reviewed 16 February 2018

Le Bugatti prouds itself on serving authentic Belgian cuisine. As a Belgian myself I was rather curious which dishes I would find on the menu. Turns out Le Bugatti really put a 'best of' of traditional Belgian dishes on its menu: mussels, steak tartare, shrimp croquettes, veal stew, meat balls, rabbit stew, black pudding,.... Some of those dishes I hadn't tasted for ages.

The atmosphere of Le Bugatti is very nice and warm. The interior is gorgeous with glass in lead windows and beautiful old fashioned wall paintings. We got a very nice table in the back of the restaurant (we were 6 people).

As a starter I ordered the small snails. The dish tasted very good, but the sauce was quite heavy. As a main course I had a very famous Belgian dish: eels in green sauce. The sauce was a bit too salty, but good none the less. The potatoes were served too cold though. As dessert I enjoyed a very nice crème brûlée. After dessert I had eaten enough food for two days, I believe.

After our dinner we asked the waitress to split up the bill. I have to say I couldn't believe my eyes how this was handled: all calculations were made by hand on a small piece of paper and only cash payments were accepted. Seems like the notorious 'white cash register' somehow didn't make it to this corner of Brussels.

1  Thank CarolienBAC
Reviewed 15 June 2017

Visited this place on our trip to Brussels. This place is amazing.they have different types of beers and the staff was so friendly and the lady helped us to understand the dishes and helped us to select the dishes. This place serves yummy Belgian food.the ambiance was good and you can see amazing paintings on the walls. the place is small, but romantic.