See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 July 2017

If you want a decent hotel with your own bathroom, a bit of decor in the rooms, and a few luxuries, don't stay here: you won't like it. Very dated, in an area of town with not much going on; sharing the bathroom is particularly unpleasant. However, it is cheap, has free parking (if you can find a space) and is close to public transport, and to Lisbon airport (which is why were there). Wouldn't recommend for a nice holiday or for more than a few days, but is somewhere basic to lay your head - but make sure you know what you are letting yourself in for. Wouldn't choose there myself again particularly, though.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank millenniumperegrine
Reviewed 14 November 2016

We could hear banging doors most of the night but it may have been that our floor was very busy and we were opposite the shared bathroom. There are not many shared showers and the one in our section did not have water some times.
Having only really used the hotel to sleep in I cannot complain for the price it was clean and comfortable enough.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alesha N
Reviewed 1 November 2015

We have being travelling around Portugal for 2 weeks, and the Jardim de Amadora is by far the most basic accommodation we have stayed in.

We walked into our room it was very basic, the head of the bed was titled down, had shower curtains as curtains, and one of the outside window blinds were broken,the wind blew through the gap in the windows. The two bedside lights didn't work, would have being nice if they had worked, as the main light was very dim, once we found the bathroom, which needs a good makeover, the shower doors don't close, no shower mat, which makes the floor slippery.

Proper curtains would make a better first appearance to the room.

Breakfast very basic, but did the job.

We read on the back of our room door that you had to buy internet, the guy at the reception didn't offer any other information about internet at all, so believed this as being true, as we didn't have internet on our phones couldn't check back on our booking, Now looking back at our confirmation it said there was free wifi. So make sure you ask about it at front desk, as they don't offer it to you.

Room Tip: Ask to look over park side. As other side lookout is very run down, bits if wood holding up blinds on apartment windows etc.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SandraB63
Reviewed 15 August 2015

Went on the day of metro strikes, so could not take the route from the airport as I planned. But it is easy, did it on the way back. It was very cheap and I changed at Orient which did not take long. I had to go to Lisbon on a bus then I did a bus tour. It is out of Lisbon, you can get a train but I got a taxi. cost was about 15 euros which was good for the distance traveled. The staff seemed friendly. I made sure that I booked a room with a private bathroom and that was stated on my voucher. The receptionist sent me to a room with a shared bathroom. It was not good because it was just a shower and toilet shared with lots of local working men with a few too many hairs for my liking, plus I wanted what I paid for. I went back downstairs to show them my voucher and ask for the right room. That was going to take time for them to sort out, so I ordered dinner. Dinner was not edible, looked nasty and it was stone cold. I did not eat it and complained but they did not care, made no offer to serve me a warm meal or apologize and made me pay. They also did not tell me about the special offer, so I paid almost the same as a 3 course meal, just for a main course. I was hungry, tired and really angry at this point. Shame as I have always had fantastic meals in Portugal. Fortunately getting the room which I paid for was not a problem. The room I got was pretty good, had 2 beds, balcony and a bathroom with a tub and shower gel. Had bottled water and some English TV channels. It was cleaned every day and I had new towels. Breakfast was poor. Nasty squash, Coffee, 2 cereal types and a bit of bread with cheese, ham or jam but I cannot complain for the price. It was adequate. I choose this place because the coastal places near to Sintra were a long bus ride away and much more expensive. The train was right outside and it was just a few stops form Sintra, took about 15 mins. This is a very urban area, possibly a bit poor but was really amazing. There were a few good shops there, a shopping mall and better places to eat. In front of the hotel is an amazing park with play equipment and a running track. Once my room was sorted, I was quite happy.

Room Tip: 1st floor with balcony was good. make sure they give you what you actually booked
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank S L
Reviewed 19 May 2015 via mobile

If you are on holidays and just want a place to sleep this is your spot.Don't expect fancy rooms or decoration no no!the rooms are clean the staff is nice and the breakfast is average for the price you paying.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family