All reviewsbrasas restaurantpool barnice beachprivate beachrinconoceanjacuzzisurfingbeacheswaves
Reviewed 4 April 2016

This was a great little beach resort! Maybe a little dated but very nice.. We stayed for 2 nights then traveled to the other side of the island. Great people great location. Rincon is a great little place just loved it!

Room Tip: ocean veiw
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 April 2016

Where do I start? My wife and I decided to take a late flight due to the fact we were traveling with our 11 month old daughter in hopes she would be sleep during the flight. We arrived at the resort at 2:30 am to no front desk agent. The lobby was empty. Eventually a front of house cleaner approached us and informed us the agent was on her break and would not return till 3 am. Went my wife pointed out how ridiculous it was, the cleaner said the agent had the right to take a break. 45 minutes after arriving we were in our room. To our surprise the crib we request and was told it was there, was not. We were too tired to deal with it at that point and decided to let it go till morning.
The next morning upon inspecting the room we noticed the shower curtain on the inside was speckled with something black which we identified as more than likely mascara. The wall in the shower was covered with soap scrum and mold in the tile grout. In the corner of the room there was a cockroach 3 inches long, dead. In the night stand drawer there was a needle, still not n a package that I believe was left behind by a diabetic.
My wife went to the front desk and was told it would be taken care of. Housekeeper never touched the tub. Swept the cockroach outside the back door onto the patio under a bush which we had to looked at our entire stay. I disposed of the needle. My wife went back to the front desk and was told it would be taken care of immediately and the housekeeping manager would be notified. Shower curtain was replaced and the tub was never cleaned. My wife ended up buying a sponge and bathroom cleaner because my daughter needed to be bathed in that tub.
Shade in the large picture window facing the view with the ocean went down and would not go back up. Housekeeper happen to be present during this issue and told us she would notify maintenance. That never happened. Assuming she may have been a bit upset after her manager had to talk to her for previous issues.
Under the bushes next to the patio trash sat there throughout our stay. Empty beer bottle, cigarette butts, cardboard, plastic baggies, etc.
This property has many small maintenance issues everywhere and has seen better days although it wa under constant construction throughout our stay. Working in hotels for a nearly two decades I expect small issues. I also expect them to be taken care of when brought to someone's attention.
Not recommended!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank ucorey430
Rincon B, Director of Sales at Rincon Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2016

Greetings:

My name is Stephanie Ramirez, I am the Sales and Marketing Director at Rincon Beach Resort. First I would like to offer an apology for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay with us. I am sure it does not compensate the trouble, but we want you to know that we appreciate your business and every single one of our clients is equally important to us. The General Manager and myself are truly concerned with the situation and we would like to get in touch with you and your wife directly.

We would like to hear about the situation directly from you and would appreciate if you can contact me at sramirez@rinconbeachpr.com.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Stephanie Ramirez Trabal

Reviewed 31 March 2016

Visited the Summer of 2015 and had a great time. On site food was good (especially on Steak Special Night) and the staff is really friendly. I only wished I had stayed longer than a week. It has a very nice pool, next to the beach, with an in-pool bar. There is also a poolside grill. Pool accomodates children and adults alike and is kept clean. My only complain...actually, don't have one.

Stayed: July 2015
Reviewed 25 March 2016

My kind of people and my kind of town. Very versatile and great people to mingle with no matter the time of day. Very clean and in the middle of everything. People here know how to show you a good time for sure.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2016

My husband and I booked this resort for 5 nights in March and purposely booked in this area to be away from the center of Rincon and stay on a quieter beach. The beach was very beautiful and quiet and we were able to walk quite a ways each morning. The grounds on the resort were well maintained and the staff by the pool bar/restaurant were friendly; I wish I could say the same for the rooms and the front desk staff. Anytime we asked the front desk a question or exchanged a towel (so you don't get charged 25$ per towel), my husband and both felt like we were inconveniencing the staff at the desk. When we checked into the room we were pleased with the newer furniture and TV in the room. When we opened the curtains for the windows we found bags of trash from the previous occupants hanging from the knob. The shower had a lot of hair on the wall and shower curtain from the previous occupants as well and the shower wouldn’t drain. I tried several times to talk to a manager about this, but to no avail, the front desk just kept saying that a manager wasn’t on duty or would get back to me. We enjoyed the beach, but for the cost of the room, I don’t think that we would stay here again. I talked to several locals while we were there and they shared some B&B’s that were in the same area.

Stayed: March 2016