“Amazing Getaway”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Red Bay Getaway

Outdoor shower
Sunsets are spectacular
What a view!
Bring your water toys
Great water for playing and exploring
Dock at public beach
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Passenger...
“Amazing Getaway”
Reviewed 5 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016
person found this review helpful

My husband and I were looking for a short getaway from our busy lives over the holidays and came across this cottage booking. We booked it not knowing what to expect and it surpassed all of our expectations. The location was beautiful and the cottage was well equipped and very clean. We look forward to booking it again in the future. We have already recommended it to our friends and family.

6 Jan 2017
Thanks for being such great guests. We love tenants like you as you took fabulous care of our house. You guys would be most welcome back at any time as we hope to see you in the future.
pammackie
Hamilton, Canada
“Bonding weekend”
Reviewed 26 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016

My coworkers and I stayed at Red Bay Getaway this past weekend to enjoy a more social, bonding experience. We had an amazing time! The cottage is absolutely wonderful!
It is so well appointed, everything you need at your fingertips. The kitchen had dishes, pots and pans, cutlery and even dish soap and cleaning supplies. The living-room has one of the most beautiful gas fireplaces I've ever seen as well as a big t.v. The windows that surround the dining area and sun-room provide for wonderful views. The beds were incredibly comfortable and it was so nice that pillows and extra blankets were available. The outdoor area was just as beautiful, right by the water with plenty of seating areas to enjoy a nice fire or to just sit within the beautiful trees. I actually laid on the deck at night and stared in awe at the display of stars for about 15-20 minutes!
I highly recommend this rental cottage, you won't be disappointed!

Pam

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Fire-pit and views
Liked least: Can't think of anything
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
27 Oct 2016
Pam, it's so great to hear that you had such a wonderful time. Thanks for taking such good care of our place and please keep us in mind in the future!
Mosha29
Hobart
“Beautiful, peaceful, fun getaway!”
Reviewed 11 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016

From my home in Tasmania I searched for the perfect place to take my son and his Canadian partner and daughter for a special family holiday together. Red Bay Getaway was perfect! The location right on the water with nearby parks, jetty and a play area for my granddaughter was just what we wanted. The sunsets were just gorgeous as we sat on the waterfront in our Adirondack chairs, or in the comfy chairs on the back deck with a glass of red and soaked it all in. The cottage is large ( to me larger than the pictures indicate) and accommodated all of us easily and happily. My biggest issue was which of the many lovely seating areas I needed to move to maximise the sun and my ultimate comfort...what bliss. On cold days, we played board games and relaxed by the warm gas fireplace. I'm now planning my next holiday and certainly hope to return for another peaceful, fun and meditative holiday at Red Bay Getaway. Thanks so much, Jason. Your responses have been immediate and really helpful. Looking forward to next time!

How easy was key pickup/access to the property?
Travelling group: Extended Family
14 Oct 2016
Haha...sounds like the perfect holiday to me. Thanks for your kind words and thanks so much for the positive review. Please do keep us in mind down the road because tenants like you are always welcomed!
cstar1511
Grimsby, Canada
“Location is superb.”
Reviewed 3 October 2016 for a stay in September 2016

Red Bay Getaway is a great cottage for a vacation. Right on the lake. The sunsets are amazing. Perfect location for site seeing or just relaxing.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: Location and sunsets.
Liked least: Only one shower.
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
4 Oct 2016
I'm so very glad that it was such an enjoyable holiday for you. Please do come back as we love tenants like you!
Bella P
“the cottage provided the right environment for us to relax”
Reviewed 3 October 2016 for a stay in September 2016

It is a beautiful and relaxing cottage equipped with all the amenities we needed. I was very impressed that there are labelled instructions or guidelines on what to do. The hot water turns on fast and the availability of chairs to relax outdoor is also great if the weather could have been warmer. I also find it very relaxing to watch the water in the morning in the big windows while sitting in the living room and the dining room. It was the best view!! To sum it up, it just like "a home away from home".

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location, cottage was equipped
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
4 Oct 2016
Thanks for your kind words Bella. Please do keep us in mind when you're travelling in the future.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing