eDreams
FindHotel
Priceline
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 February 2021

The only reason why I’m writing this review is because we chose to stay here in light of the other really good reviews. In general, this place is completely run down and in dire need of a complete renovation from top to bottom. If that’s not possible for whatever reason then the rates need to reflect the current condition and not $165/night. Even a little investment like proper bedding would make a HUGE difference. Any mother who wants a clean, functioning, and safe place for the family should stay elsewhere. I’ve summarized below.

Positives

-Binder is lovely and very welcoming.

-Although it’s the motel furthest away from the beach,
it is still walking distance, about 15mins.

Negatives -

- Major plumbing issues. In my room, I only got through bathing one of my kiddies before the water went cold. We bathed in the early evening time. We waited 20mins thinking the hot water would come back but it didn’t so I had to bath my 5 year old and myself in cold water-awful! In my friends room the next day there was no water coming out the shower faucet at all! Binder came right out but it took over an hour to fix it. It wouldn’t have been that bad if we didn’t come get back to the room after 8pm with young kids ready for bed.

- Carpet is so old and worn I made everyone wear shoes.

-Bedding is ridiculously old and there were many stains

-They say the room has a fridge and sitting/eating area with table/chairs, but neglect to tell you it’s outside of the room kind of like an enclosed porch with concrete floor and had NO ventilation and therefore unusable. There were many huge bugs both dead and alive.

-The WORST part of the “eating area” which you have to go through to get into the actual room is the DOOR DOESN’T lock! I was in complete shock. I travelled without hubby, so it was myself in the room with my 4 and 5 year olds, and my friend stayed in another her two young kids. I assumed it was a mistake and asked to change rooms but then they told me all the rooms are like that. So at night someone could just walk right into the eating area and help themselves to the food and beverages in the fridge. The entry from the eating area to the room did have a lock and so they couldn’t get into any sleep but still very unsafe. Finally, after trying to convince us that their motel is safe, Binder went and got these wooden 2x4 looking wood sticks to put in the sliding doors for both our rooms and said they have one for each room if guests want it. Why didn’t they just leave those in the room in the first place!??

-They advertise the use of a bon fire so we made sure we had s’mores on hand and the kids were anxious and exited. We went to the back where it was pitch dark because there was not one light out there. We went to ask painter to turn on the light and for matches or lighter to get the fire started and she said they don’t turn on the lights because of mosquitoes and didn’t have any fire starters. Fire starters, I can get over it because maybe we should’ve brought our own but since we wouldn’t be able to see if someone did walk right off the street and onto the property we felt way too unsafe to be out there in the pitch dark. Kids were very disappointed.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Lakeview Motel, Owner at Lakeview Motel & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2021

Hi there,

Lakeview Motel and Cottages is under new management and has been completely renovated within the past three months. We are so sorry to hear about your previous stay and would like to address the issues you brought to light. The bedding has been completely updated as well as the flooring. We no longer have carpets and laminate flooring has been installed. We assure you if you gave our motel another chance you would not be disappointed. We have installed new fire pits in the back of our property as well as outdoor lights to ensure it is not dark for the kids. The rooms are thoroughly cleaned after each guest stay and sanitized very well so it is clean for the next guest (no bugs). We are working on making the vestibules lock but each room does have a lock so it is safe at all times. Please feel free to look at our Instagram @lakeviewcottagesandmotel for updated pictures or on Tripadvisor we have added new pictures here as well. We hope you give us another chance!

Best, Lakeview Motel and Cottages

Reviewed 17 July 2019

Had a great stay at this property located within short drive to the beach.

Although we arrived later in the evening, we were promptly greeted by Binder, the friendly owner, who showed us around and made us feel welcome.

The area is A+ as amenities such as Valu Mart, LCBO, DQ are all within walking distance.

The Deluxe-King-bed room lived up to its name, as it was spacious, clean and, best of all, located on the second floor of the main building, away from all the hustle and bustle. We could even hear the waves crashing on the shore at night.

Lakeview Motel was great and I would not hesitate to stay here again in the future.

Room tip: Deluxe-King-bed room is located on the 2nd floor of the main building. It is spacious and reasonably quiet, and offers a great view.
Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tom S
Reviewed 20 June 2019 via mobile

We liked to stay here! The new owner is friendly. The room was small but it had everything we needed. The beds had clean sheets and the bathroom was functional. There is also a fridge on the terrace. Good value for money.

Date of stay: June 2019
Reviewed 2 September 2018

paid $150 to stay here (worth no more than $100 tops). First disappointment...no ice.......what??? you're a Motel. Beds are hard and pillows are in dire need of replacing. TV screen is the size of my laptop. Outlets need updating to the 3 prong. No hair dryer, toiletries consist of a couple of small packets of shampoo. Internet is terrible, couldn't stay connected. Only plus is it is walking distance to Downtown and they offer a full-sized fridge.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Lakeview Motel and cottages and had great time. Accommodations were simple and had everything we needed. The room we had was Exceptionally Clean! Randy and Susan made us feel right at home from the minute we checked in to the minute we checked out. Location is just a few minutes walk to the beach and anything else you may need. Randy was so impressed by how clean we left the room, he actually called us to thank us. Wonderful people and excellent customer service, will definitely be going back.

Date of stay: August 2018