“Friendly and Good Quality”
Review of Knowlzies

Knowlzies
Ranked #17 of 31 Restaurants in Sauble Beach
Price range: US$4 - US$24
Description: We serve Breakfast, lunch & dinner & pizza. Open from 7am-8pm 7 days a week and 6am-11pm during the summer months. Located at the old Macbeths at the top of the hill. FREE WIFI!!
Reviewed 2 September 2017

We were vacationing at our family cottage in Sauble Beach for the last 2 weeks of August and saw that the breakfast place which used to be known as Macbeth's had changed ownership and is now called Knowlzies. They are open daily and serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. We figured we would give it a try for breakfast, as the pickings in Sauble Beach have become scarce the past few years. The new owner, Jan was very friendly and we had a nice chat about the business. She took our order at the register. My boyfriend had "The Knowlzie", consisting of 3 eggs, bacon, ham and sausage, served with homefries, toast and coffee. $10.99 price. I ordered the toasted veggie sandwich, consisting of eggs with onion, green pepper, mushroom and cheese served in my choice of bread (white, whole grain or rye) and with homefries, plus I ordered a tea. I also ordered a side of french toast and a side of pancakes for us to taste and share. So, the french toast was excellent! One of the best ever! 3 big slices of fluffy, eggy bread, with a hint of cinnamon and lightly dusted with powdered sugar - just delicious. 3 pancakes, moist, large and medium fluffiness - very good and not overly browned on the outside. My veggie sandwich was a good portion, could see all the veggies inside and it was marble cheese melted on it, as opposed to plain cheddar. Cost was $7.99. My boyfriends's meal was hearty and everything tasted good. The only negative is that the homefries potatoes are cooked up in a large batch prior to serving and are in a warming bin - they were not overly hot and also they soaked up alot of moisture so were not real crispy - the meats are also pre-cooked and put in warming bins, but they fared much better for serving and for texture. If it was made to order as far as the homefries are concerned, that would be better. But the service was fast and the premises were very clean. Love the 50's style tables and chairs that were kept from Macbethe's - I think they re-painted inside as it all looked fresher and brighter. They also re-configured the space inside a bit, so there is more room to move around and is not so congested as previously. We felt the food was good quality overall and we like to support local mom and pop businesses so we went back a second time for breakfast on our vacation. This time I ordered just the french toast (which comes with bacon) $7.99, and my boyfriend ordered just the pancakes (which comes with bacon), also $7.99. Next year we will have to try lunch or dinner fare.

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

My family and I had heard that this was the place to go for really good burgers. 3 of us had regular knowlzie burgers and fresh cut fries and my husband had the super knowlzie burger. Everything was amazing. From the friendly staff to the homey atmosphere and local artwork hanging on the walls. The food arrived within 15 minutes and we all pretty much agreed that the burgers were one of the best we've ever had.

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

We were camping nearby and thunder & heavy rain convinced us we needed to spoil ourselves with restaurant breakfast. After checking around, this was the only place (I guess breakfast restaurants is a Quebec thing!)

The outside is simple but quite cute, to be honest, I found that very promising, furthermore, the parking was full!

Like many small places, you have to order at the cash and then be seated.

Prices where ok but not cheap. 2 eggs and a choice of meat and homefries & coffee for $7.99, same for western sandwiches. So we had two of the first plate, one with bacon and one with sausages and a sandwich.

The sandwich was pitiful and nothing more than a dry omelet with some onions, mushroom and little cheese between two soggy margarine soaked pieces of bread. It could have been upped with tomatoes, lettuce and bacon. The eggs of the other two plates were ok at best, a little overcooked for "over easy". Bacon was undercooked in my taste (I like it crispy) and sausages tasted like it was their 3rd time in the fryer, hard and rubbery. Again the toasts were soaked in margarine and soft.

We asked for jams and were disappointed to be served with only two choices of flavor, fake jam and honey-flavored spread...

One thing was good and it was their homefries...it was not the frozen type.

Washrooms were clean but they should remove the cleaning schedule that dates January 2017... if you are not going to hold it updated, just remove it.

They seem to be reknowned for their burgers...so perhaps that's what we should stick to next time.

Bobby K, Owner at Knowlzies, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Thanks for you review. I will note to upgrade on the Western Sandwiches. Now for the price, thats pretty standard for a classic breakfast. If you wanted crispy bacon you should have mentioned it while placing your order. Everyones preferences are different so we cook our bacon the same way unless requested otherwise. I am sorry if our condiment selection on our jams didnt meet your standards. We have not had any complaints in the past with the brand or product. Thanks for the review though!

Reviewed 22 August 2017

We had cheeseburgers with bacon and fries and hot wings. The cheese and bacon you could hardly see. It was grated cheese and the bacon was 1/2 a piece and fatty. The bun was a plain bun and it was cold. Burger was Luke warm. Our fries looked like they were cooked in old oil and were limp and just warm. The wings tasted like frozen wings. Just wings on a plate. No carrots or celery. No wet ones for your fingers, I thought because we were the only people in the restaurant, that the food should be hot. Our cashier had no idea on how to work the cash register and she kept playing and re-doing her pony tail. Never once did I see her wash her hand. Men's bathroom was okay, girls was very small. Absolutely, not wheelchair friendly!

Bobby K, Owner at Knowlzies, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Thanks for your review!! I would like to mention that we blanch our wings in house, they are not frozen. The reason why you never got any carrots or celery is because you get 10 decent size wings for $9.50/lb then $15 that you would receive 8 smaller wings with your 3 carrots at most places. I appologize for the bacon misshap on your burger. We chose that bun because its quite soft. We are getting a toaster hooked up so we can start toasting the buns. I mean we can charge $15 and give you a fancier bun but in order to give a great burger at a fair price we chose that style of bun. Thanks for your input. I will note that while pricing the menu in the fall!

Reviewed 10 July 2017

This has become our go to place for pizza in Sauble Beach. We have had it numerous time now and it is always good. Very tasty. A nice change from the usual chain restaurants. And the burgers-wonderful! Homemade and large and tasty. we usually take out or have delivered, but the one time we did eat in the young lady serving us was great.