“Best in region”

Galerija Okusov
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Zalec
Price range: US$18 - US$106
Cuisines: Diner, Central European, Fusion, Slovenian
Description: Urban and wild, modern and traditional, local and global. This is Galerija okusov. You must get to know us to feel our story, which writes itself. We have developed into a restaurant to which you have high expectations what drives us to always create something new - at this point, thank you for not allowing us to fall asleep. When creationing dishes we focuse on authentic taste of local and fresh ingredients, of course, only seasonal deliverable. And yes, if Pag's squids are better, we rather agree with the fishermen from our former joint country, so we can serve you best. Frozen is with us only ice cream and it is home-made.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I was there a few days ago. It is on a very nice location and it is one of the best restaurant in this region. I can tell it was one of the best dine evening ever. The food was very good and you can feel the passion of the chefs. The menu was seasonal with wild herbs that chefs every day pick it up fresh on near meadow or forest. I felt spring on every plate. Even the service was great, and when chef brings you food that he created and present it, it gets total diferent meaning. The wine pairing was also very good.

1  Thank Žiga G

Reviewed 3 April 2018

In my opinion it is one of the best if not the best restaurant in the region. Each and every visit in Galerija okusov was a great surprise with inovative food made with fresh and localy produced ingredients. Food is delicious. The staff is friendly and professional as they can be, one of the biggest advantages is also the wine list which includes Slovenian and internatiol wines.

Each visit is an experience of its own, I can only recommend Galerija Okusov to all the travellers!

1  Thank matijak2007
Reviewed 31 March 2018

Galerija Okusov is a great restaurant near Celje (3rd biggest city in Slovenia). They offer modern local food and great choice of wines. I recommend it for different occasions from business lunch to dinner with friends.

1  Thank Turist22
Reviewed 5 February 2018

My wife, me and ours friends were here in December and take 5 courses tasting menu. The bread was home baked, and there were 3 typ of breade baked from flour from Soržev mill. I can say that two typs of bread were baked by them, but the third type of bread was the ordinary baguette which was probably bought as pre baked bread.
1 st dish was marinated trout from the fish farm near by, I think they said it was from Žalec. It was quite good.
2 nd dish was potatoes soup with sauerkraut seasoned with pumpkin seed oil from next door farm Zupanc, and with home made raviol filled with krvavica. For me the soupe was too salty and the the taste of bacon was annoying-
3rd dish was "ajdetoni" - home made buckwheat pasta with free range chicken ragu with vegetables, They didn't say from where were the chicken. It was also too salty.
4 rd dish was beef of pasture cattle with some puree and vegetables
5 th dish was some kind of ice cream.

Service was nice, but the food for my taste was to much processeded. And later when I ask them by e-mail from where are they buying free range chickens, their answer was, from surrounding farms. Absence of accurate information of the breeder indicates that not just chicken meat, but probably many other ingredients are bought at major Slovenian restaurants suppliers, where quality is not at the first place.
I'm probably not going to visit again.

2  Thank InoIngemar
Reviewed 30 January 2018

They know what they're doing :) Excellent food, drinks and waiters... i tried the menu with five plates

4  Thank Gašper S