“Great food”
Review of McAlister's Deli

McAlister's Deli
Ranked #7 of 38 Restaurants in Byram
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch today. The food and service was excellent. I ordered the Chili and 1/2 chicken salad sandwich with unsweetened tea. The chicken salad was the best I have ever had in a deli type place! I will definitely be eating at McAlester's again!

Paula Frank

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

It was great until food arrived. Portions were extremely small for price paid. Hair in one of six plates; nothing was done about it, no comp, no replacement offered, not even an apology. I will NOT be returning.

Reviewed 18 January 2018

I didn't even know potatoes could grow that big. I had the grilled chicken spud. It was nice to have a hot meal on a cold night.

Reviewed 13 January 2018

I have never understood the excitement which many people display for McAlister's. OK. They have sweet tea and it is a Mississippi based chain, originating in Oxford I think. The sandwiches are, in my opinion, no better than what I expect. That is, they are usually on the upside of average, but occasionally drop a little. The last roast beef, a French Dip maybe, which I had was very dry. On those occasions when I have been with people who wanted to eat at McAlister's, I have frequently found the service in the Byram location to be slow. On more than one occasion, I have overheard people say that they are leaving for Subway or Newk's. Left to my own devices, I just start at one of those.

The food is not bad. The service is usually ok to fine. If you have never tried it, you probably won't hate it. Whether or not you become a fan depends upon personal taste.

Reviewed 4 December 2017

I am a huge fan of Mccalisters, but this location does not have it together. I got a to go order, and they informed me that there was no tops for my drinks. Not ideal when you need to travel with two drinks without a top. The Rotel was very different. When I called to order my food, the lady on the phone asked the manager if there was any of the rotel left. When i received it, it was an odd color and tasted like nacho cheese from sams. Super disappointed in my meal today.

Been to McAlister's Deli? Share your experiences!