All reviews costa rica delicious breakfast rental car hosts airport gorge sjo
Reviewed 11 February 2013

Our stay here was a wonderful start to our vacation. We were picked up at the airport and from the minute we arrived at the B & B we felt at home. Rita and Steve were very helpful in suggesting places to go and visit, places to dine out at. They arranged for transportation for us to visit the volcano and due some touring around the area which was a delight. Also they had arranged a rental car for us which was extremely appreciated. We spent a few weeks in costa rica and returned to the B & B for our last night in the country. It was a wonderful end to a great vacation.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2013

I stayed here the previous two nights prior to flying down the coast to a spiritual yoga retreat, and the Bellarita was recommended by the establishment where I am now. This is a beautiful property off in a residential neighborhood in a suburb of San Jose. The facility is beautiful, although separated from the neighborhood by high walls and barbed wire, although the area certainly did not seem onerous. The art filled house is a delight to the eye and the rooms most attractive, and the breakfast was fine. There is a small swimming pool, on the chilly side, and a knockout view on the edge of the " Grand Canyon of Costa Rica. " I did no sightseeing in this area, just content in this case to enjoy the surroundings. The hosts furnished me a modest but adequate dinner the first night, as I came in rather late, picked up by the owner. The second night I walked about a mile down a busy highway to a local restaurant, Zampodo's, which is a casual place, but I had a most tasty seafood dinner with a good half bottle of Chilean white wine. The walk along the highway, however, is not exactly pedestrian friendly, and had it been after dark returning, I would have called a cab. Steve and Rita run a really fine establishment, and I enthusiastically recommend Casa Bellarita.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 February 2013

I got recommended Casa Bella Rita by some friends, and I were only staying for one night.
It was the start of my trip around Costa Rica and Rita and Steve helped me have the perfect start! Rita help me organize my transport further on, in advance. Steve picked me up at the airport when I came, and they got me to my pick up the next day.
The breakfast was delicious and the view breathtaking.
I would defiantly stay here again :)

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 February 2013

My husband and I returned for a visit to Costa Rica after 22 years. We opted to stay out of San Jose for our first and last nights and couldn't have been more pleased with this beautiful spot and our 2 wonderful hosts, Rita and Steve. You truly feel like you are visiting friends, rather than just paying for a room. Their home is lovely, looking over a spectacular river gorge. It is only 20 minutes from the airport and Steve picked us up on arrival and they arranged for a cab for our departure. The setting is peaceful, comfortable, friendly. Rita and Steve obviously enjoy what they do and are very dedicated to making sure you enjoy your stay. Breakfast was delicious and they are very flexible with meal preparation. Our sadness at having our trip come to an end was truly tempered by the fact that we spent our last evening here, and we were kindly invited out to dinner with Steve and Rita, at a sweet local spot for some delicious Mexican food ( ahhhh, the Monster Burrito!), that we would never have known about, if not for our gracious hosts. We certainly hope that we can spend time at Hotel Bella Rita, again, with Steve and Rita, their sweet little dogs and birds. It was a perfect start and finish to a wonderful trip!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2013

We just spent 4 lovely nights in January at Casa Bella Rita. The B&B exudes charm and comfort and Steve and Rita are very gracious and welcoming hosts. Rita made planning our trip to Costa Rica much easier by arranging drivers and accommodations in two of the other locations we visited. She even arranged a rafting trip for us.Breakfast was wonderful and especially nice in the beautiful outdoor veranda. This is definitely somewhere we will return .
Kay, Davis and Thompson