All reviews costa rica delicious breakfast rental car hosts airport gorge sjo
Reviewed 9 February 2013

I got recommended Casa Bella Rita by some friends, and I were only staying for one night.
It was the start of my trip around Costa Rica and Rita and Steve helped me have the perfect start! Rita help me organize my transport further on, in advance. Steve picked me up at the airport when I came, and they got me to my pick up the next day.
The breakfast was delicious and the view breathtaking.
I would defiantly stay here again :)

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 February 2013

My husband and I returned for a visit to Costa Rica after 22 years. We opted to stay out of San Jose for our first and last nights and couldn't have been more pleased with this beautiful spot and our 2 wonderful hosts, Rita and Steve. You truly feel like you are visiting friends, rather than just paying for a room. Their home is lovely, looking over a spectacular river gorge. It is only 20 minutes from the airport and Steve picked us up on arrival and they arranged for a cab for our departure. The setting is peaceful, comfortable, friendly. Rita and Steve obviously enjoy what they do and are very dedicated to making sure you enjoy your stay. Breakfast was delicious and they are very flexible with meal preparation. Our sadness at having our trip come to an end was truly tempered by the fact that we spent our last evening here, and we were kindly invited out to dinner with Steve and Rita, at a sweet local spot for some delicious Mexican food ( ahhhh, the Monster Burrito!), that we would never have known about, if not for our gracious hosts. We certainly hope that we can spend time at Hotel Bella Rita, again, with Steve and Rita, their sweet little dogs and birds. It was a perfect start and finish to a wonderful trip!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2013

We just spent 4 lovely nights in January at Casa Bella Rita. The B&B exudes charm and comfort and Steve and Rita are very gracious and welcoming hosts. Rita made planning our trip to Costa Rica much easier by arranging drivers and accommodations in two of the other locations we visited. She even arranged a rafting trip for us.Breakfast was wonderful and especially nice in the beautiful outdoor veranda. This is definitely somewhere we will return .
Kay, Davis and Thompson

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 February 2013

My husband and I just got back from our first trip to Costa Rica. We had beautiful accommodations at Casa Bella Rita for 3 nights and really enjoyed the hospitality, food and atmosphere. And all the home-cooked food was excellent. You could tell all the returning guests had become friends and were already looking forward to their next trip. Rita was also VERY helpful in helping us arrange other trips and lodging in Costa Rica. Can't thank her and Steve enough for a great trip!

Room Tip: I saw most of the rooms and they all seemed very nice.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 January 2013

We just enjoyed the great hospitality of Steve and Rita in this luxury pad on the rim of the river canyon in Santa Ana. The food, room and quiet were wonderful, and the free wifi was fast.

One of the best things about B&B travel is the chance to learn from the proprietors, and Steve and Rita were most helpful in orienting us to local restaurants and attractions.

Recommended!

Room Tip: We had the Colibri room, opening on the huge upper lounge. Left the windows open in the shower for veltilation, worked fine.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family