“Delicious food and friendly service”
Review of maxi's by Ricky

maxi's by Ricky
Ranked #9 of 120 Restaurants in Santa Ana
Cuisines: Caribbean
Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

This restaurant was a 7 minute/1500colones cab ride from our hotel- Studio Hotel, Santa Ana. The owners have 3 restaurants in Costa Rica, and serve a Jamaican Costa Rican fusion. I had the fried red snapper which came with rice and peas, fried green and ripe plantain and a coleslaw. It was huge and delicious. My husband and niece had a seafood soup and my daughter had a shrimp dish. All were thrilled with the food. plus we bought 3 bottles of their “peppa”sauce made with scotch bonnet peppers, carrots and onions. The waitress took time to explain the dishes to us and the service was efficient and friendly. The owner called a taxi to take us back to the hotel which also cost 1500 colones or about $3 US. Would go again if ever in Costa Rica.

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

I was no lucky at all, the food was ok, the service was slow and the waiter was very annoyed to hear my questions, so I believe you should try and then decide by yourself if it was good enough for your standards.

Reviewed 1 October 2017

So good and a great price! Rasta vibes run throughout! Cut through the flashy stuff this food is cooked with much love!

Reviewed 29 September 2017

Four Costa Ricans, two Americans, two of the Costa Ricans had been there before. Non of us left dissapointed. I felt like I was in the Caribbean part of Costa Rica. Big portions, good food, good price in a very casual and cool place.
The two "gringos" were brave enough to try "agua de sapo" ( a drink made from unrefined sugar or tapa de dulce, lemon and ginger), sure it was a new flavor for them.
I recommend the arroz con pollo to anybody. And the rest of the party enjoyed the rice and beans with chicken, the fish and the huge lobster.

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Had lunch here upon getting to Santa Ana the staff was very friendly the food was extremely delicious and just a really good place to hang out and have company.