“Very comfortable appartment with nice view”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Free coffe and tea.
All cooking facilities are in the room.
Washing machine. Washing powder provided.
10 minuetes walk to come here.
15 minuests walk to get this park.
Entrance of the apartment. 24/7 hours monitored.
7.4km Beach Cycling couse along the beach.(Onga-Munakata Cycling road)
Two Bikes are available at 2,000 yen per bike. Please let me know before you come.
Two surfboards are free to use.
Fresh fish market restaurant is just infront of the apartment.
We have local spot information in English.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

French first
Any
Yoko T
“Very comfortable appartment with nice view”
Reviewed 28 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Taro's accomodation is a very nice and clean appartment right in front of the ocean. We had a very good time with our 6 yrs old daughter without car. We enjoyed the beach in front of the appartment, walking along the cycling road and Aquasian Swimming pool (took taxi to get there for1070 yen/one way). I am satisfied especially because there is no mosquito at all and we had a good sleep. We will difinitely come back again. Thank you!!

30 Jul 2017
Thank you very much for your great review!
It is very helpful information for out guests.
Thank you so much for left our place very nice and clean.
We are always welcome your family anytime in the future.
Henro2010
Nelson, New Zealand
“Great option for a Kyushu break”
Reviewed 24 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016
people found this review helpful

Taros'a apartment overlooks a small beach in Ashiya. It's not particularly well served by public transport, as the nearest train stations are a few km away, but with the right timing you can use the local buses to connect, which will be a lot cheaper than a taxi (300 or so Yen as opposed to about 2,500). We stayed several days, including a weekend excursion to Kumamoto and Miyazaki. We were very saddened at the news of the Kumamoto earthquake, which occurred just a week after we have been there. We also hired a car for a day to make a trip to Hirado.

Around Ashiya there are a number of places to visit, depending on the season. There is an excellent museum nearby, based around a foundry that has revived the old techniques of casting iron tea pots. Kita-Kyusuhu has heaps to do - make sure you take the undersea pedestrian tunnel between Kyushu and Honshu !

Just across the road form the apartment is a small market, including a fish market, that can meet most of your food needs, tho you may want to stock up on staples elsewhere. There are a couple of supermarkets nearby(ish).

The apartment itself is ideal for two people, very compact in the way of most Japanese places, but had everything we needed. We had excellent communication throughout from Taro, and appreciated all the advice he gave us.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
25 Apr 2016
Thank yo so much for your great review.
I do very appreciate it.
I was really enjoying to hear your trip story because most of the places you visited which i never been to before.
Thank you very much for your great communication and we are always welcome you two again in the future.
Sang Hun...
Seoul, South Korea
“Fantastic tranquil overview the sea”
Reviewed 17 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015
people found this review helpful

It was a fantastic staying at #815 Taro accommodation of Natsuigahama for 7 nights.
It gave me very much pleasant journey to everywhere by bicycling in the vicinity of Natsuigahama and Ashiya area as well, very kind residents, shop’s owners, their cultures, shinsen’na sashimi almost every day at ToTo market, explore to bike roads alongside of Genkainada Kaikyo coast line.
Thanks to your wife Catherine to help me to go to Kumiko San’s snack bar on last Friday where your parent waited me for welcoming. It was more than surprising to me that Ogata San sang a song of “Daejeon Blues” Korean song to me. It was an unforgettable event to me. Thanks to your father Ogata San, Kumiko San and your brother Jiro San who picked me up to the snack bar.
Thank you again Taro San, you gave a chance to stay at your accommodation and having me with unforgettable memories as ever.

Travelling group: Solo Traveller
18 Mar 2015
Many thanks for came to our place .
My parents Kumiko and Yoshio were very glad to meet you at Kumiko's snack bar.
We are looking forward to see you again in the future.
Best Regards
Bernique2...
Paris, France
“Very nice accomodation”
Reviewed 2 September 2014 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

The apartment is nice, fully equipped, with a great view on the sea. The help of Taro was great as well to find the place and fully profit. The main problem we had was the rain, we could not really visit the area. But we could play with the PS3 and Wii.

Travelling group: Teenagers
7 Sep 2014
Thank you very much for writting us review.
Unfortuantely, it was bad weather when you arrived.
But thank you very much came to stay our accommodation.
We are hoping this Japan trip was very great one for your family.
PostieSha...
Derby
“Peaceful, tranquilily, a true 'home away from home' with amazing views in every direction!”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 for a stay in June 2014
people found this review helpful

Taro's apartment is fantastic, I found it through Home Lettings, while searching for a coastal place to stay, anywhere in Japan, this place ticked all the boxes, affordable, great views, away from the tourist hustle and bustle, quiet rural area, with easy to access from Fukuoka Airport, just a one hour train journey and a bus ride..Even though, Taro himself lives in Australia, he is on hand to answer any questions by email or in my case we used Facebook, as I feel he is now a 'friend' after all the help he provided during my stay.

Walking into the apartment, we had an immediate sense of arriving 'home'! The place is so homely and comfortable, with everything you could possibly need for your stay, Taro as thought about just about everything! Even a massive TV (must be 50" or more!), never seen one so big, great for rainy movie nights in the apartment!

The area is beautiful! So quiet, with just the sounds of crashing waves to send you into a restful sleep. There is even a resident Eagle that swoops past daily, which I tried quite unsuccessfully to photograph! Taro provides Bicycles on request, which come in very handy for getting to the local 7-Eleven, restaurants, and simply exploring the local area, there is many miles of cycle routes in this area, which due to rainy season, I didn't explore as much as I would have liked. I believe Taro can also provide a car rental too, which would be great for exploring further afield! There is a Theme park close by 'Space Mountain' which unfortunately I didn't manage to visit, and in the summer months July - September, there is an outdoor swimming park with flumes, very close by, perhaps just 10 minutes on the bikes away. This was closed when we was there.

Directly across the street there is a local farmers market (closed Wednesdays), inside is a massive fish market, fresh green grocers (the best salad I have ever tasted!), German meats shop, and Herbal tea seller, coffee shop (fantastic cake in here!), BBQ rental to cook your own food, local craft shop, with lots of pretty, although quite expensive hand-made items, ice cream vending machine, plus much more! You never need go hungry when staying at Taro's apartment with the convenience of all this so close by!

One word of advice I would say, is try to learn some basic Japanese before you arrive here, as this is not a tourist area, most people don't know English, public transport, menus etc..all Japanese, of course this can add to the fun of the adventure, but also can lead to drastic mistakes, as in our case, waiting at the wrong platform for a train, causing us to miss our flight to Tokyo! (luckily for us the flight was delayed too!) We booked this trip to Japan, very last-minute, just one week before, but if I could do it all again, I would learn some of the language first, one to help the trip run smoother, and two, to just simply not feel so rude toward the local people.

I loved it here, and hope to return again sometime if I am ever lucky enough to visit this beautiful country again! I would highly recommend it for anyone who prefers a quiet holiday, a break from city life, walking, cycling, beach activities, bird watching etc, this place of for you! Thank you so much to Taro, and his mother Kumiko for a wonderful holiday!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The views!
Liked least: Nothing!
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
16 Jul 2014
Thank you very much writing for us your fantastic review.
That theme park is call "Space World"
It's not "Space Mountain"
We recommend for our guets to go there spescially if you have kids.
Thank you so much to choose our place to stay.
We are always very welcome you guys again.
Best Regards
Taro Ogata & All Ogata Family
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$39
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing