11 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Agoda.comUS$881
EtripUS$881
Hotels.com
Rakuten Travel
2,921 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 November 2019 via mobile

We stayed 4 nights and it’s very pleasant.
The hotel as retained its retro decor and aged in places but in general very well maintained. Rooms are generous sized and we reckon all balconies will have a view towards the sea as the hotel is right next to the beach.

It has all the components of a good resort hotel from pool to activity conceive. It’s a very popular wedding spot as well we saw a non-stop stream of couples and family coming for photo and/or ceremony at their two churches.

A highlight is the variety of breakfast. There are three restaurant to choose from, offering Japanese set-menu, western buffet, and a mix of Japanese and western buffet. The food is very good and the variety for buffet is excellent. We were excited for breakfast everyday.

Note the hotel is situated next to the coast and away from the main road. Walking to the main road is nearly impossible because you’ll have to past an area of farming fields with no sidewalk and no lights. Traffic is not heavy among these tracks but it could be dangerous as drivers don’t expect pedestrian. Prepare to either drive or call a taxi to go to the nearest spot for bus.

There is a convenient store that opens until late if you need anything amenities. There are also two souvenir shops if you’d like to complete your shopping within the premise.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 106christie
Reviewed 3 July 2019

My wife and I just spent a couple of nights there. Everything from food and room was amazing. We specially enjoyed the shaded cave area linked to the swimming pool: It was fantastic to enjoy the water sheltered from the hot sun!

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed 30 June 2019 via mobile

Had visited this place from 7th to 11th of June. The property is excellent. About 35kms from the airport and set in a nice tranquil place.

Check-in was smooth and we got an upgrade in terms of the room as it was my birthday on 10th June. So thanks to the staff for that.

Pros:
- Nice balcony in the room facing the lovely blue sea and a view of the chapel
- Staff was polite and courteous
- The swimming pool and the private beach is absolutely lovely.
- some very nice stores in the resort for shopping
- Overall the location and infrastructure of the property is mind-blowing.

Cons:
- The in-room dining menu is just too thin. Hardly any items in there. They have got about four restaurants in the hotel. But in comparison the in-room dining menu is just disappointing. They should definitely add more items (could be Asian but Ideally should be a mix of western and Asian) to the menu

- Overall the menu around the chicken and sea food area was extremely thin. Both in terms of western and Japanese food. The menu seemed to be full of beef and pork only. While I eat everything, getting some good Teppanyaki style
Sea food is something that one always desires.

- No minibar in the room. I mean there was a fridge but nothing in it. Again not sure why would one do that. This is a resort where people would want to stay in their rooms longer as enjoy the view with a nice beer in the balcony. Ordering that everytime via room service is a nuisance

- The English speaking proficiency of the staff was extremely poor. Especially when you are trying to order room service. Yea I know it is Japan and all that.. but guys for the prices that you are charging, I would expect the staff to speak decent English. The inability of the staff to speak English really handicaps expats like me to get any help. Help in terms of asking if we can get some food not listed on the menu for room service or to enquire about what’s in the area, etc etc.

- Me and my wife have are never in HK for my birthday. We have always been at some or the other resort. The minimum that any resort does for a birthday is wish me on that day if I am staying with them. Some of them have even sent a cake to my room. Now that’s excellent customer service. And it needs no rocket science to think of this. I was a little surprised that i didn’t even get a simple birthday wish from any of the staff here. Not that I care about it; but when we talk about excellent customer service, these things definitely matter

So to sum it up, the property per se is excellent. It is a gem hidden away from the city. If they can fix their service, it could be one of the most mind-blowing resorts there!

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2019

This hotel was amazing, our room was large and spacious and the bathroom was amazing. The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. We would stay here again without question. The beach was beautiful and the hotels relaxing pool was a family favorite !

Date of stay: December 2018
4  Thank lisa k
Reviewed 20 April 2019 via mobile

After a two night stay at the Nikki Alivia, I was not impressed. The lack of English speaking staff makes it difficult to communicate, even on the simplest things. The food is ok, our best meal was the Teppanyaki restaurant, a bit expensive after eating our way around Japan, but still ok. We also tried the HanaHana buffet dinner. Not worth a penny. I would suggest the bar next to the lobby, they offer different sandwiches and one type of pizza. The breakfast was ok, but they can’t call it ‘western’ when it’s still strongly influenced by Japanese cuisine. On our last day we arrived at one of the three breakfast restaurants at 08.43, we’re we told that we had to wait for 15-20 minutes before we could be seated, as we were leaving for the airport in 45 minutes, this resulted in a bad mood. We ended up ditching breakfast and used the coupon to pay for yesterday’s dinner instead . This could easily have been avoided if the staff had been informative when we checked in. We had difficulties understanding the receptionist, who didn’t speak English that well enough for her to explain different situations and activities at the hotel. The beach is nice, the pool is nice, and the rooms are clean and modern. But, if they want to attract more western visitors I suggest they start teaching their staff some English.

Date of stay: April 2019