See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

We booked a cottage to stay at for the weekend a week in advance. The weather turned out to be awful 35 knot winds rain thunderstorms and lightning. We booked through hotels.com. The cancellation window had already closed but we were hoping for some help from hotels because we use them a lot and with the situation with the weather I though they would understand. A little more about the YYY resort. The only way to get there is on a ferry and the ocean was extremely angry. The ferry was still running but that does not mean that a normal person could stomach this trip on the rough seas. YYY resort did not care as long as ferry is running there will be no cancellation. I have stayed out there before and it is beautiful and I also know I am outside of my cancellation window but where is the the customer service. There is no way my wife could make the boat ride. Really disappointed in Hotels.com and YYY resort will NEVER use them again!!!!

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Yanovitch
Reviewed 4 October 2016

YYY Resort is heavily advertised within the American community on Okinawa, and my wife and I decided to ring in a New Year in one of the "resort's" homes/cottages. One of the best aspects of staying here is the food - the service is good, and the food is of the highest quality. However, please be advised that this is a small, quiet boutique stay with not a whole lot to do! The pool is well-kept, although in winter goes unutilized. There is really no bar to speak of, and island activities are fairly limited. For the price of the our room and stay, I can't say that I would ever go back for a stay. But I would drop in and have lunch/dinner during my next trip to the island!

Room tip: Skip the cottages unless you have a large group - over-priced and underutilized!
Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Divemasterking
Reviewed 24 June 2016 via mobile

Beautiful hotel and location. The service and restaurant were wonderful. English speaking staff. It was nice to use the small onsen in the evening. The rooms are large for Japanese standards. We enjoyed having cocktails on the balcony before dinner.

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 December 2015

Our family welcomed in the new year renting a cottage at YYY. The resort is quaint, good food, beautiful beach and friendly staff. There are kid craft activities, lawn gold, and play area. Staff can arrange anything you wish to enjoy on the island. There is also a little shop on the resort that had anything we wanted to purchase. I loved the Western and BBQ options for dinner. Breakfast was buffet style and good. Main negative is that they had the typical hard Japanese bed, which we have found everywhere.

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Ruggerlynn
Reviewed 19 December 2015 via mobile

While experience was great for the family. We rented on of the lodges and it was very clean and spacious. So much to do at the resort for the kids from the beach, pool, miniature golf and all their aquatic activities. Food was really good for dinner as you choose from a different menu of dinner sets each night.

Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Also, if you wish to book yourself simply use their English website and send them an email for your dates and they will reply with a price quote rather quickly. Getting to the resort is not difficult as you take a ferry from Motobu. Believe it costs around ¥6,000 if you wish to take your car on the ferry but I believe the resort can pick you up at the Ie port.

Again, we really loved this place and will certainly come back in the future.

Date of stay: July 2015