Open today: 00:00 - 23:59
Review Highlights
Stunning view of autumn foliage and Mt. Tokachi

We came here end of September and the view of autumn foliage across the mountain range was... read more

Reviewed 19 October 2017
sehling
Kuala Terengganu, Malaysia
Mountain hiking

Reviewed 27 August 2017
Simplyko
Perth, Australia

All reviews end of september volcanic activity great view of mt mountain range mountains car hokkaido drive photos
Reviewed 27 August 2017

We drove here as a start point to our hike up Tokachidake. There was a registry book in case someone is missing. It logs what time you set off, how many people, age and contact. When you finish your hike, you have to sign out. It took us a good 6 hours up and down. It was very steep and difficult at some point. We had to climb up with hands. It would be great if we were more prepared, like hiking poles and gloves, and better shoes. My partner had a tumble which drew quite a lot of blood. But he made it to the peak and took some awesome pictures. I was too tired and unfit to make it up the the peak, so I sat at the plateau just beneath the peak. That was a very steep and rocky climb up with hands and crawling. At the top, we could smell Sulphur and also see it coming off the side of the mountain as it is on Volcanic Activity Level 1 when we visited. Overall, the paths are very rocky and there are some paint markings along the way to ensure you are on the right track. A few steep drops in the area, so be careful. Bring a cap, lots of water, pee bag(no toilets along the way and peeing on rocks was not allowed on the mountain), good hiking shoes with deep grooves, gloves, hiking pole, snacks and food. Would love to challenge that mountain again.

Date of experience: August 2017
1  Thank Simplyko
Reviewed 20 June 2017

There is a great view of Mt. Tokachi from here. It's volcanic activity is very impressive. The observatory has full explanations in English and really impressive photos of previous eruptions. Well worth the visit, though as always in Hokkaido, you need a car to get to it.

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed 26 May 2017

I visited the place expecting a decent view, but was amazed at the mountain range that greeted me. There was also snow, and the sunny weather ushered me to fool around (being someone who has never experienced snow).

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed 10 June 2016

My 1st Self-drive (F&E) tour. My 1st visit to Japan.

I LOVE this place. We can see that the mountains still cover with snow. We happened to see a deer when we are on our way to the Tokachidake Bogakudai Observation Tower. The scenery is awesome.

Date of experience: May 2016
1  Thank Jason L
Reviewed 3 November 2015

After the visit to the Blue Pond, we continued our journey through the hills and we were really glad to stop at the vista point. We lucked out that the storm had passed a couple days earlier so was sunny and quite pleasantly warm even though the ground had snow and the mountains were snow covered. Great vista point to view the 360 degrees of the mountain ranges and the Biei and Furano valleys below in the DaiSetSuZan (Big Snow Mountain) national park. Worth the stop for some great photo opps.

Date of experience: October 2015