All reviews the owner pura vida costa rica down the road best pizza san juanillo tiki hut pot holes last year quick walk great food in the restaurant off the beaten path darcy grounds beaches jungle wedding
Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

This place never lets me down. Old Costa Rica like it used to be and should be, in totally comfortable accommodations. Great food in the restaurant, and a quick walk or drive to the best beach in The Guanacaste. Super friendly staff of ladies that are always smiling and ready to laugh. Waking up here and having coffee on the balcony listening to the monkeys, birds, frogs, cows and roosters before surfing will never get old for me. Pure CR. Great bargain too. Beautiful San Juanillo is a short drive to the South - dont miss it for sunset.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Darcy B, Owner at Marbella Surf Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2018

Thanks for taking the time to do a review it is always appreciated.

Pura Vida

Reviewed 21 June 2017

We went to Marbella Surf Inn for our daughter's destination wedding. The Inn is located off the beaten path, in the middle of lush landscaping, spacious pastures with grazing cows and horses. Also it was about a 1 mile ride to the beautiful black sand beach of the Pacific Ocean.
Darcy ( the owner) arranged everything for us from a car service at the airport (with cold beer and bottled water), Mother's Day breakfast buffet, rides to the beach side restaurant for the night before dinner, outstanding wedding design at the beach and the Inn's restaurant decorated to the exact wishes of the bride and the delicious wedding dinner. I am sure there was so much more he did for the bride and groom! The rooms were clean and nicely air conditioned and the grounds and pool were lovely and clean, as well!
The chef, Pedro, was a magician with the meals! The thin crust pizza was a lunch favorite! Everything that came out of the kitchen was amazing! We have never eaten fruit like this!! He and the rest of the staff never stopped smiling and were welcoming and wonderful! All of them have become our new Costa Rican family!!
It was our first trip to Costa Rica but we hope is not the last! We would love to return to the Marbella Surf Inn for another relaxing and peaceful vacation!
Wishing Darcy and all from the Inn a prosperous year! We will see you again!!

Pura Vida!!

Steve & Sandy W.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Darcy B, Owner at Marbella Surf Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to do a great review for us here at the Marbella Surf Inn. It is greatly appreciated. We had a great time organizing and hosting the wedding. Part of the joy was getting to meet all of those that are closest to Em and Matt. We would love to host you in future when the need and desire brings you back to the jungle.

Pura Vida!

Reviewed 2 June 2017

This was my first time to Marbella Surf Inn and first time to Costa Rica. Came here with family for my son's wedding. I can say the place is beautiful, very clean and the food great. You must get the thin crusted pizza if you come here. It is some of the best pizza I have ever had. Back to the wedding. Darcy and his staff did an awesome job making the Marbella Surf Inn and the beach area beautiful for the ceremony and reception.The Inn was closed to the public the day of the wedding which was very nice. This is an off the beaten path kind of place. There are beaches nearby, there is the Tiki Hut Restaurant on the surf beach and a little store in the village for snacks and drinks. It is about a 2 hour ride from the LIR airport to her but you get to see farms, cows, horses, sheep and goats along the way. It is a clean county with lush foliage. There are moneys, lizards and insects but I came home without one bug bite on me. The crabs were even beautiful ( royal blue and orange). The Wi-Fi works great in the restaurant area. The pool is refreshing.The A/C worked great(remember, this is a tropical area). Oh yes, don't be scared of the dirt road with the pot holes on the way in. The trip is well worth it. The Inn also has Quads for rental.It was a fun and relaxing trip all around. I would return here in a heart beat only next time I am staying longer.

1  Thank Denise C
Darcy B, Owner at Marbella Surf Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a detailed review it is appreciated and helps future clients understand the services we can perform.

The staff, my wife and I had a great time hosting the wedding and enjoyed the time we had with all of the family members. The time spent gives the family an understanding of why Em and Matt love the area so much. Marbella is a slice of paradise on the coast in the Guanacaste. It reminds me so much of Costa Rica and what it was like the first time I traveled here 30 years ago. Our hope is to impart that same feeling to our guests.

The ATV's are not mine at the hotel, but the local Costa Rican gentleman that owns them works with me to assist clients. I can get them located at the hotel for clients if given a weeks notice. We also handle the fueling of the vehicles for guests as gas stations are not close by and as a result can be expensive to refill if we do not do it for you.

Would love to have you come down for a longer stay and we can explore a little farther afield!

Pura Vida!

Reviewed 25 May 2017

Marbella Surf Inn is a comfortable location close to Playa Marbella. There is a simple breakfast available with fruits, break, coffee and juice. The restaurant offers lunch and dinner at reasonable prices for the area and the food is pretty good. Staff is very courteous and helpful. The room is equipped with a half kitchen and there are grocery stores pretty close in the village. Internet is available and works good at the restaurant. It seemed to be a very safe place. I enjoyed the contact with nature there. easy and quick check-in and check-out. I would come back there. A/C in the room working great.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Darcy B, Manager at Marbella Surf Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2017

Thank you much for taking the time to give others the time and insight of your stay here at the Marbella Surf Inn. These reviews are appreciated and help us provide the best possible experience for our guests. Pura Vida

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

This place is heaven on earth. My now husand and i first visited Marbella last year and loved it so much we decided to have our wedding here! Darcy and his staff were so accommodating to our family and friends.

As we have known from our previous trip (and remains the same) the rooms are extremely clean and comfortable. The showers are huge!! The beds are so amazing! We slept better here then we do at home! Lol the grounds are kept impeccably clean. The food is out of the world!! The beach is just a short walk/drive down the road. The neighborhood is extremely safe.

Darcy and Tere are the best hosts you could ask for. There is no way I could write a fulfilling description to do these people justice. they made sure our wedding was everything we ever dreamed of (and then more!!). Even if it meant them trouncing thru the jungle to find the best greenery for our center pieces :)

This is our new home away from home, and we are so excited to continue to share this place with our family and friends.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Darcy B, Owner at Marbella Surf Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2017

Thank you so much for the trust you gave to me and my staff to do your wedding. We could not have been more proud to have the opportunity to host it and have the opportunity to meet all of those closest to you.

It will be a highlight of the year when you return. Pura Vida!