“Just like Home”

Hotel Los Altos Esteli
Ranked #2 of 20 Esteli B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 October 2016

The staff is nice and friendly. The rooms are big and very clean. I would recommend every who goes to Esteli to stay there. The breakfast in the morning is made just for you on the spot. You can't beat that at all. Also there internet is as fast as in the states.

Room Tip: Get the larger room it has the most space.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business

Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

At first sight I was extremely happy with this hotel. It looks very modern from the outside and indeed once inside too. My room was spacious and had one of the comfiest beds I have ever slept in.

The facilities are nice - a small courtyard for breakfast but no bar / snacks available otherwise. Breakfast was tasty.

The staff are lovely and extremely attentive. One evening I asked for ice and the lovely man on reception went above and beyond to source it for me. The same man helped me with buses a number of times. I thought the service was impeccable.

That is why it is with some sorrow that I note a significant problem with cockroaches. I should say immediately that I did not raise this with the hotel so they did not have the opportunity to address my concerns. That is a real flaw on my part as the lady (who I think was the owner) went out of her way to ask me every day if everything was alright. It may be the case that the hotel do not even know that there is a cockroach problem.

I stayed for 3 nights. On the second night I went to the bathroom at 11pm. Whilst using the toilet I realised there was a (very large) cockroach on the sink. It was really very large so somewhat spooky but I put this down to a one-off and an unavoidable consequence of being in the tropics. Night 3 I kept the bathroom light on until I went to bed at around 10pm to deter any more visitors. I returned to the bathroom about 15 minutes later and realised the problem was much bigger than thought. There was a great number of cockroaches on and around the sink - they appeared to be coming out of the sink hole (the drain).

I left in somewhat of a dash the next day and my Spanish is poor, so it would've been a difficult conversation. Nonetheless, I regret not raising this with the staff and do think they will take steps to address these concerns promptly. However, such a great number of cockroaches for me meant that this hotel was not worth the rate charged. If it weren't for that, I'd have given 5 stars to Los Altos.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
5  Thank Victoria B
Reviewed 12 June 2016

The hotel is located in the central part of town and is a short walk from most of what Esteli has to offer. It's a quiet boutique hotel and the staff is incredibly sweet! The nicest people, ever. Breakfast is delicious as well and they have the cutest patio to enjoy a coffee and your breakfast. Would definitely stay there again if I find myself back in Esteli.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 March 2016

Great location. Clean. Quiet. Very friendly and attentive staff. Good breakfast.
Parking is on the street, right in front f the hote, no problem. ("Secure" parking, 2 blocks away, requires that you leave your keys)

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2016 via mobile

This is a really nice small boutique hotel run by a brother and sister, Eden and Grethel. Two really good hearted people. They were very patient and helpful to me during my stay. Grethel pulled some strings around town and arranged some special tours for me way above and beyond what I would have ever expected. She even toured me around herself. Grethel...thank you so much. You really made my trip special. The facility and rooms were spotless and in great condition. Breakfast was included during my stay and was excellent. Don't miss the delicious pancakes!

Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Esteli
1 km away
19.9 km away
Finca Lindos Ojos
Finca Lindos Ojos
#4 of 20 in Esteli

Been to Hotel Los Altos Esteli? Share your experiences!