US$72
US$69
  • Breakfast included
Finca Lindos Ojos(Esteli)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$46
  • Breakfast included
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsacross the streetprivate roomthe ownerinternational hostelfree tea and coffeecomfortable bedsthe bustwo blocksa great staycafedormtourscommunitymiraflornicaraguapostcardsvibe
Reviewed 31 August 2017

This hostel was very clean. We stayed in a private room that had a bathroom, and it was mildly overpriced, compared to similar hostels in Nicaragua that were priced at less. However, it is located right across the street from a cafe that it is partnered with, and the cafe had very good food. It's a good option if you want to have a later dinner and drinks and then not have to walk too far at night. It's also right next door to the Treehuggers organization, that does tours and it was very easy to arrange tours with them. Overall, a decent place to stay but not fancy by any means.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2017

This was a really nice hostel with a really nice vibe to it. The dorms were spacious, the kitchen was a nice addition with good communal sitting and eating spaces. There was good information available and the restaurant across the street serves great food with free tea and coffee that you can take across the road to the hostel. The restaurant will also post your postcards for you which is great when you haven't been able to find a post office in a while! It's very close to the central park, about two blocks away, and the nearest supermarket is on the way. The only downsides was that the dorm was a bit noisy and the kitchen a bit poorly equipped.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 July 2017

I had a good experience at this hostel. I stayed in one of the dorm rooms; the room was clean and comfortable...a great budget option. The common area has a few tables and a big sofa set around an internal open-air patio. RE: location, the hostel is only a block or two away from Estelí's parque central; it was very easy to explore the central neighborhood on foot. The hostel offers the nice perk of free breakfast and coffee at its cafe across the street.

Many thanks to the owners and staff for a great stay!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 July 2017

I have no idea why so many people recommended this hostel to me. It was bizarrely overpriced ($9- $10 for a dorm), the mattresses were absolutely terrible and the rooms are set right on the street so you will be kept awake until midnight and woken up at 630 without fail. The included breakfast is in their cafe, the Nicaraguan breakfast is good but the pancake option is a single pancake with half a banana and 1 cup of coffee. And the tours they offer are also insanely overpriced, $25- $30 but you still have to get yourself to the bus station and pay for your bus?? Honestly such a huge rip off and there's also nothing to do in Esteli, I would skip it all together if I did it again.

Room Tip: They're all super loud
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

This was one of the most bizarre experience I've had at a hostal. I had left my baseball cap in one of the dorms while I went out for a few hours and it was gone when I came back. I asked the staff if they had picked it up while cleaning and everyone denied it.

The owner asked me to come back in two days to look at the security tapes because her staff are "100%" trustworthy.

I came back the evening of the second day and she told me flat out to leave her hostal. I asked her why and she said "ask your friend." That made no sense to me. I asked her to explain herself then she said that it was because I accused her staff of stealing, which I never did.

So on a Sunday night at 8:30 in the evening I got kicked out.... still wondering why..... so weird.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo