US$72
US$48
US$47
US$207
  • Breakfast included
Finca Lindos Ojos(Esteli)(Great Value!)
  • Breakfast included
Casa Hotel Santa Elena(Esteli)(Great Value!)
All reviewsacross the streetprivate roomthe ownerinternational hostelfree tea and coffeecomfortable bedsthe bustwo blocksa great staycafedormtourscommunitymiraflornicaraguapostcardsvibe
Reviewed 27 July 2017

I had a good experience at this hostel. I stayed in one of the dorm rooms; the room was clean and comfortable...a great budget option. The common area has a few tables and a big sofa set around an internal open-air patio. RE: location, the hostel is only a block or two away from Estelí's parque central; it was very easy to explore the central neighborhood on foot. The hostel offers the nice perk of free breakfast and coffee at its cafe across the street.

Many thanks to the owners and staff for a great stay!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 July 2017

I have no idea why so many people recommended this hostel to me. It was bizarrely overpriced ($9- $10 for a dorm), the mattresses were absolutely terrible and the rooms are set right on the street so you will be kept awake until midnight and woken up at 630 without fail. The included breakfast is in their cafe, the Nicaraguan breakfast is good but the pancake option is a single pancake with half a banana and 1 cup of coffee. And the tours they offer are also insanely overpriced, $25- $30 but you still have to get yourself to the bus station and pay for your bus?? Honestly such a huge rip off and there's also nothing to do in Esteli, I would skip it all together if I did it again.

Room Tip: They're all super loud
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

This was one of the most bizarre experience I've had at a hostal. I had left my baseball cap in one of the dorms while I went out for a few hours and it was gone when I came back. I asked the staff if they had picked it up while cleaning and everyone denied it.

The owner asked me to come back in two days to look at the security tapes because her staff are "100%" trustworthy.

I came back the evening of the second day and she told me flat out to leave her hostal. I asked her why and she said "ask your friend." That made no sense to me. I asked her to explain herself then she said that it was because I accused her staff of stealing, which I never did.

So on a Sunday night at 8:30 in the evening I got kicked out.... still wondering why..... so weird.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 April 2017

The rooms here had comfortable beds with good linens, pillows, and towels. Warm showers as well. Open kitchen in case you'd like to cook for yourself, but plenty of restaurants nearby with cheap prices. Laundry service available: $1 per pound.

It was, however, difficult to communicate with the property to try to make a reservation. We finally got our rooms booked 2 weeks before our trip despite being in contact for 2 months.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 February 2017

This is a very quiet and clean hostel. The beds are not super comfortable, but the sheets are clean and even ironed. The dorm I was staying in was bright purple, there was a big shower and a nice toilet (separated from the shower). The supermarket, the central park, the cathedral, the stadium, the library, the museum are all within walking distance (5-10 minutes)

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo