All reviews across the street international hostel a great stay cafe dorm miraflor
Reviewed 20 February 2015 via mobile

This hostel is noisy. I think our room backed onto a local bar playing music well into the night, bring ear plugs. The room was clean if a little damp, decent sized bathroom but no hot water in our room, the twin next to the dorm and the seating area. We didn't ask the staff to fix it so I can't comment on their helpfulness etc. had very little dealing with the staff at the hostel beyond paying them but called to make our reservations and the lady who assisted us was very helpful, even offered us a lift from Leon! Unfortunately there were too many of us to take her up on the kind offer. It was fine for the two nights but I wouldn't want to do much longer. The cafe across the road and the tour company makes this a very conveniently located hostel to set up your Esteli base camp. We met quite a few people here and we all went out for something to eat together so it's quite sociable but the social space is just some chairs in the small courtyard.

Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 February 2015

This is really an average hostel. They take advantage of the fact that they are listed in every guidebook so most backpackers end up here.
My dorm was quite spacious but had no windows so during the day we had to keep the door open for at least some fresh air. I got the last bed which was right next to the bathroom door so every time someone had to go to the toilet during the night I woke up.
There's a small common place with some rocking chairs and a hammock or two but it lacks atmosphere.
Right next door is is café Luz which is from the same owners where you can buy breakfast, lunch and diner and have a drink in the evening.
They also have a "tourist office" which is more a place that sells tours.
Anyway, it's a good place to sleep (if you pick the right bed) and to meet people, but with that it's said.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 February 2015

Long Story short:

- hostel doors open all the time with no staff around...no Option to put valuables in a secure place!
- very basic but clean rooms...old matresses..
- staff of connected tour agency unwilling to help with Information if ist not for any of there Standard tours
- linen hung up everywhere where you would suggest the sitting area...no place to hangout!
- really loud

all in all I would recomment to look around for another place...there seem to be really good ones just around the Corner!

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2015

So the LP says this is the quintissential backpacker hostal. It is. It's overpriced, loud and filled with travelers smoking cigarrettes. If that's your thing, go for it. If not, find another room a block away for the half the cost and then buy food in the cool restaurant attached to this hostal. It's well worth the money as the food is super good and has a cool vibe.

Room Tip: Think before you pay this much for a room.
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 December 2014 via mobile

Nothing spectacular, but the staff is great (Jane is super knowledgable and can help connect you with a host family in miraflor, which I highly recommend doing for an "off the beaten path" experience), the hostel is clean. Downfalls are the common area (there isn't really one) but there is wifi. If I am in esteli, I would stay here.

Stayed: December 2014, travelled with friends