“Rude Staff, Poor Customer Service, Poor Cleanliness”
Review of The Crown

The Crown
Ranked #5 of 57 Restaurants in Marple
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I visited the Crown last weekend and the only thing ok with this place was the portion size.
I ordered a glass of wine which the waitress seemed annoyed that I even asked for her service. The wine came and had lipstick on the glass - when I sent this back I heard 2 staff members complaining about my complaint - not unreasonable to expect your drink in a clean glass?!?
The table we were sat on was sticky and clearly wasn't cleaned before we were seated.
The floor had the remains of someone's left overs on it under us.
Our food took a long time to come out considering we only ordered what I would consider light meals.
Toilets were filthy and didn't have the most pleasant odour (not that this is directly their fault)

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Came here for lunch. Stilton Burger for me. Fish Pie for the wife. Both meals were delicious. Fantastic service and brilliant beer.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

First time here and definitely won't be returning. Was really put out by a very rude waitress who was short with us and did not seem to have any people skills at all. We had order mix ups and no food showing up at all and her attitude terrible, no apologies and treated us as if it was our fault. I've rarely come across such rude wait staff.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Good Points:

It’s an odd part of human nature that it is easier to write lots about faults and little about excellence. This therefore will be a short review.
Four of us visited on a Monday evening. We arrived about 6.30 and we had a wide choice of tables. The tables are a good size, the restaurant/pub is well-appointed with nice separation between the drinking and eating parts.
Our waitress did an excellent job of welcoming us, making us feel at home and explaining the menu with its various options. She was attentive, smiling and professional throughout the meal.
The menu has both regular items and a good range of specials of the day.
The fish was delicious and the chicken chosen by others was judged first rate. I noted a comment about over-salty food by another reviewer, personally we use little salt and I can report that our meals were perfectly seasoned.
The wine, by the glass, was good – better than you get in many a pub and it perfectly matched the food.

Disappointing points:

None of my fellow diners wanted a dessert so I felt constrained not to have one either.

Odd things
I guess people don.t eat out on Mondays in Cheshire. They should.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

All meals I have had here are simply gorgeous! The smoked haddock fishcakes last night was unbelievably tasty. Sunday Dinners are fab (they serve veggie options too). All meals tried here are 10/10. The place is also beautiful inside. Great atmosphere. And the staff are all great, especially the two young girls that served our table of 4 last night. As the title says, I love this place!