“Lovely Family Meal”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Visited Saffron with my mum and dad and my wife on a Groupon deal, we've visited a lot of Indian restaurants and I can say that Saffron is definitely worth a visit.

The staff are welcoming and friendly and the choice of food is great and great value for money!

I had the tandoori combo starter which is excellent value for money and it gives you the chance to try a few different things.

My favourite curry is rogan josh so I went with that which was very tasty, I also tried some of the other curries we ordered and they were also great!

Had a really nice time at Saffron, the atmosphere, food and staff were excellent, we will definitely be coming back in the future!

1  Thank jamiesince1990

Reviewed 5 February 2018

We have been going to the Saffron for a number of years & always really enjoyed our meals, how things have changed. On arriving the place was dark with the sign not illuminated & on looking through the window we could just see one person at a table. Perhaps we should have taken this as a warning, normally on a Saturday evening it is very busy . The waiter who served us did not seem to have a clue about either the food or the drinks , we asked what red wines were available & he said that he would go & find out. He returned with a bottle and said that was the only one ,so we decided to try it finding it like a cheap fruit juice. Then we asked him questions about some of the meals , again he had to go and find out from the owner. One of us ordered a shashlik , well it began with sh but was not shashlik and another vindaloo which was tasteless. Needless to say we will not be going again which is such a shame as we have had some really good meals here in the past.

1  Thank David G
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

I went here with a friend to discover probably the worst curry I have ever had. I have been to most of the Indians restaurants within 10 miles of Marple but this is without a doubt the worst one. We had two different curry’s and both was very bland the best bit of the meal was the naan bread.

Reviewed 20 December 2017

Went out with a group of friends. Started off with poppadoms, various chutneys all lovely. Had a starter of aubergine and potato puri, in a lovely sauce with pieces of both veg in a bread. Had a main course of Lamb Ceylon, full of flavour, lots of green chillli's hot and spicy with tender lamb, had mushroom pilau rice tasty, a lovely big Keema nan, full of minced lamb, They serve a great lager called Bangla beer, which I had which is lovely.

Always really good value.

Amazing service as always from Abdul and his team, free drinks to end the meal

Reviewed 6 December 2017

Went on a Groupon meal which was very good value for money. The food was really nice and the staff very pleasant. Its a bit difficult to find a parking space but well worth a visit. Will return

1  Thank NJOXO