All reviews home from home honesty bar full english our room was spacious visiting the area place to stay top floor breakfast was excellent enjoyable stay yogurt canal locks kevin keys relatives stockport
Reviewed 8 September 2017

Not my kind of place and not a place I would recommend to anybody I know. I'll recommend the AA programme to the staff and an overwiev of the lack of cleaning efforts not put in to the guest rooms. Never again!!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
10  Thank boewald
elaine m, Owner at Springfield Hotel Marple, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Oh dear - I don't think I would have liked to have stayed wherever you stayed either!

Reviewed 7 September 2017

This is a nice hotel. Rooms were ideal size, clean and with ensuite facilities. Breakfast was excellent. No fridge in hotel bedroom. Bar downstairs had an honesty box rather than a till to charge you for drinks. Basically you put in what you think the drink is worth. Very trusting. The owner has a dry sense of humour but is very funny with it. Lovely walks nearby and a working canal just 100 yards away. An easy walk down the hill, theres a few bars, restaurants and shops but get the bus back up, the hill's a killer.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

We've stayed in many hotels and never felt compelled to leave a review but we were so impressed I felt I had to!

We had a fantastic stay here, the place is warm, friendly and we really felt at home. Both Elaine and Kevin were extremely welcoming and our children (age 8 & 5) didn't want to leave!

The breakfast was fantastic with a huge selection of fresh & dried fruit which we weren't expecting! We had asked for soya milk for our youngest in advance and it was ready and waiting for us at breakfast time...we even got to take it with us!

We'd recommend to any family. Thanks again!!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2017

We stayed here for one night while visiting Marple for a family celebration. The Springfield Hotel turned out to be delightful, with clean and comfortable rooms and a fantastic breakfast. It reminded me of the old days when you could still find small hotels which offered very high standards, just like this one. I recommend it highly.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2017

My colleague and I were in Marple for work and couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. We were made to feel so welcome, the beds were extremely comfortable and breakfast was just fantastic. I would definitely recommend the Springfield Hotel to anyone visiting Marple.

Room Tip: The two rooms on the top floor would be great for families travelling together.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business