Club Med Arcs Extreme
  • Breakfast included
    • Restaurant
    Hotel Taj-I Mah(Les Arcs)
    • Bar/Lounge
    Chalet Altitude(Les Arcs)
    • Free Internet
    • Restaurant
    All reviewschef de villageski roomski lessonsbefore dinnerall inclusive packageadvanced skierstheatre areaboot roomfoam partystretching classescrazy signsoff pisteevening entertainmentamazing weekski holidayrooms are fineski carriage
    Reviewed 7 February 2017

Had a few visits to this hotel as we do like the location and ski area. I have to be honest and say standards are slipping, mainly in the staffing area from my experience last week. Fewer staff around the bar but definitely less in the restaurant. Once seated it may not be at a table which has been re-laid and it does take time for someone to come along and lay that table for you. Equally having plates taken away or additional beverages to be brought to the table, not as good as it has been in the past.
    The rooms have always ben small and to be fair are cleaned regularly and well BUT they do really need to uplift the bathroom and toilet area. I know we are skiers and hardy mountain folk but it is still nice to be able to turnaround in the bathroom without switching the shower off.
    To offset this minor negative the value for money aspect remains overall. Staff are friendly and work extra hard, the shows are good and the evening entertainment also. If looking for the full package and not wanting to be pampered then this will suit you.

Room Tip: Room 111 - 114 are very handy
    1  Thank Kingsmeister
    ClubMedUK_official, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Arcs Extreme, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2017

Hi Kingsmeister,

Thank you for your kind comments.

Reviewed 7 February 2017 via mobile

I should start by saying I have stayed at many Club Med resorts before and will continue to do so. As a South African traveling they offer the best value for money experience - hands down.

Extreme is a tough word to live up to so I would advise they drop it and rather stick to Les Arcs 2000

The club is very clean and clearly underwent a refurb recently - basic club med 3 trident stuff

The food I felt was bland and little variation - enter senior management for 2 days - and this changed radically for the better - shows the staff are capable

I don't seem to get the best out of French Clubs .. but that could just be me and my Italian preference

The staff don't mix with guests well and tend to keep to themselves and in their own company - very evident at dinner

The night vibe is ok but very repetitive and almost "controlled" to keep the staff happy and enjoying what they like

Locker rooms are chaos and no lockers - this is a ski/snowboard in resort and not really snowboard out but a short walk to the lifts

Snow was good and lots of piste and off piste options so great from that perspective. There are two other Club Med resorts in boarding/ski distance but they don't allow you in for lunch if you want a change of having to go back to the club for lunch everyday.

The staff work very very hard and make a huge effort to keep you smiling and are in some instance quite original

Would I go back to this resort - probably not but it's not bad and very comfortable - just not Extreme

I will however try another Club Med in a different area

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
    1  Thank Brad D

Hi Brad,

Thank you for your comments. We will make sure to review the points you have raised to improve our resort.

Reviewed 6 February 2017 via mobile

I was wondering why this club is always 10-15% cheaper than other clubs and so...... Ski in ski out well sort of, bed rooms very small, meals very large selection of mediocre food BUT the ski slopes fantastic as was the ski coach, alcohol and good spirits in very large amounts and the "chief of the village" or club manager an amazing ball of energy which is hard to ignore. So all in all it's a great deal for ski freaks who just want a good time

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
    1  Thank 911barneyl

Hi 911barneyl,

We are delighted to learn that you were satisfied with your stay at Club Med Arcs Extreme.

It is fantastic to hear that you had a great time skiing.

Reviewed 4 February 2017

I am 50yo, a regular on Club Med ski resorts and tried this hotel for the first time. I was mostly amazed with the super efforts of the staff in making us comfortable at all times. They work hard from morning to evening- non stop in making sure that we had the best time, making us feel welcome and appreciated. In particular I would like to thank Audrey for her dedication in organizing such a fun luge game upon our morning ski return. Also the most amazing Geoffrey with his foam party entertainment in the winter freezing temperature and with his fly jump over the balcony disguised as Superman!
    I know that catering for 4 hundreds of guests in less than 2 hours 3 times a day is an enormous challenge and believe me, they are doing this very well. We may be looking for fresh cutlery from time to time but this is expected due to the holiday type and to the hotel rating (3*). I was impressed on how the restaurant floor staff were working hard in clearing dirty dishes non stop.
    The hotel is newly refurbished and I found the bedrooms spacious with plenty of space to store and dry our ski clothing. The wc are separate from the bathroom and the shower was nice and hot. Great bedding, comfortable mattress. Heating is independent so you can manage the room temperature yourself. The TV flat screen is huge but we did not have the time to switch it on during our stay.
    Well done to the staff and thank you for making our stay a great experience. We look forward to seeing you again next year, I hope ;-)

Room Tip: all rooms have a balcony but some are south and other north facing
    1  Thank TheDoorUK

Hi TheDoorUK,

It is fantastic to hear that you had a great time and enjoyed every aspect of the resort.

We hope to see you again next year!

Reviewed 2 February 2017

Our group returned here after a great holiday last year. This time was a great disappointment. Whilst the food was plentiful it was at best luke warm & much of it was cold. At night the emphasis was on the entertainment provided by the hotel which is understandable but not everyone wants to get involved with shows based around europop/dance music. Unfortunately the hotel management decided to close the bar area when the shows were on meaning you couldn't just have a quiet drink with friends & had to go into the theatre area to get a drink.

1  Thank PaulWilbobEvans
    ClubMedUK_official, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Arcs Extreme, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2017

Hello PaulWilbobEvans,

We are very sorry to learn that you were dissatisfied with a few aspects of your holiday, and that you did not enjoy yourself as much as during your previous stays with us.

I would like to thank you for your constructive criticism with regards to certain aspects of our offer at the above resort. Your comments will help us establish what improvements can be made to avoid that matters such as the ones you experienced occur in future.

Above all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to put your comments in writing to us. We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you to another resort in the not too distant future.

Assuring you of our best intentions at all times.