A nice hotel for ski in / ski out location however it is a bubble style hotel with a high price to match.
The rooms are comfortable, well serviced and every room has a window view of the slopes.
Unfortunately there is no onsen in this hotel.
This is also no village environment. The hotel is the only area for entertainment.
There is a small convenience shop in the lobby and one dining room which is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
The breakfast is a buffet style - typical of westernised hotels in Japan with the mix of western and Japanese cuisine.
The dinner options are limited to the one main restaurant. Each night has a choice of either a Japanese style fixed seafood menu or a western style a-la-carte menu.
The food is very nice and expensive although you do get the five star service.
This is a nice hotel but not for everyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Taken as a whole, the Shiga Kogen region is quite possibly the largest ski and snowboard resort area in the world. The area is located to the northeast of Nagano City, about 40 minutes out. The Shiga Kogen Prince Hotel is located at the base of the excellent Yakebitaiyama resort and has a variety of different plans and packages for skiers of all levels. The most popular is the "All-in-1 Pack," which includes breakfast and a one-day lift ticket. The resort hotel has a total of 690 comfortable rooms in three separate wings (100 in the East Wing, 240 in the South Wing and 350 in the West Wing). All provide easy access to the lifts and slopes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fastbooking, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Shiga Kogen Prince Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prince Hotel Chubu
- Yamanouchi-Machi Prince Hotel
- Prince Hotel Yamanouchi Machi
- Shiga Kogen Prince Hotel Japan/Yamanouchi-Machi, Nagano Prefecture