We stayed in the Prince West and found it anything but cheap. The restaurants in Ichnose were far more reasonable for lunch and evening meals. Lunch options in any other resort (of which there are many) were far more affordable, accessible and pleasant than the two options we found in the whole of Yakibitiyama (managed by the Prince West, East and South hotels) I will definitely return to Shiga Kogen but will look for a more central accommodation house in Ichinose or similar.
Breakfast was helf in a very large impersonal dorm house style conference room. Warm food was always cold except for the toast that you made yourself. Views were spectacular. Reception staff pleasant although not happy we wanted an extra pillow. Hire equipment was reasonable however expensive, the most expensive of all three ski resorts we visited including Yuzawa and Hakuba.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Taken as a whole, the Shiga Kogen region is quite possibly the largest ski and snowboard resort area in the world. The area is located to the northeast of Nagano City, about 40 minutes out. The Shiga Kogen Prince Hotel is located at the base of the excellent Yakebitaiyama resort and has a variety of different plans and packages for skiers of all levels. The most popular is the "All-in-1 Pack," which includes breakfast and a one-day lift ticket. The resort hotel has a total of 690 comfortable rooms in three separate wings (100 in the East Wing, 240 in the South Wing and 350 in the West Wing). All provide easy access to the lifts and slopes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fastbooking, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Shiga Kogen Prince Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prince Hotel Chubu
- Yamanouchi-Machi Prince Hotel
- Prince Hotel Yamanouchi Machi
- Shiga Kogen Prince Hotel Japan/Yamanouchi-Machi, Nagano Prefecture