All reviews each cottage jungle stay kitchen garden rooms are clean mukki gate welcome drink a great stay tribal dance packed breakfast periphery bonfire wilderness monsoon village buffer nature property
Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

Me n my friend visit various tiger reserves in India and this time we chose Kanha and Camp Dev villas as our home for 5 days.
When I say ‘home’ it was actually a perfect home stay kind of experience with awesome food , peaceful accommodation and a great bunch of people to make you feel totally at peace with yourself.

Rooms and bathroom were clean and have all modern amenities one would want after a tiring day in the jungle .

Have stayed in other top properties in Kanha before but the traffic disturbance on the main road leading to Mukki gate was a big disappointment, but Camp Dev Villas is situated in the midst of farm lands on the edge of buffer area of Kanha Tiger reserve, which makes it one of the most peaceful wildlife camps I have stayed in .

I highly recommend it to people seriously looking for a peaceful and homely wildlife camp .

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 June 2018

I stayed at Camp Dev Vilas in May, while we were visiting Kanha with a group. The best part about the property is that my Airtel did not work haha!

I was enjoying the place like it should be enjoyed. The rooms are very clean, clean linens and bathrooms. Water supply is all great. The best part if the food felt like we are at home - different types of vegetarian dishes and non veg curries were to die for - yum!!!!

They have some cure sit out areas, sitting areas outside the tents, you can carry your music or a book and really enjoy the peace away from the city jungles we live in.

They have good ACs as well, which comes to rescue on a hot day - on the safari's our breakfast would be packed and served at the breakfast point in the jungle which was so much fun! Like a mini picnic - the breakfast would be neatly packed and ofcourse really tasty! From garam chai, to eggs to everything that you really want when you are away it was there

After the safaris we would get wet towels, refreshments much needed after a hot day out. If you are visiting Kanha - please skip those fancy hotels and stay at Camp Dev Vilas. Anurag and his team are a joy to be around. They manage the property and host you like you are family

Only request to people is when you visit this place, really immerse yourselves and appreciate how the staff manages to run this property in the middle of a forest area - its a tough life and they do it remarkably.

Thank you Anurag for letting us stay here - Highly recommend it !!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

I visited this property in the early May and spent three nights there while doing the safaris at Kanha.

It was truly an amazing experience. The cottages are comfortable with all modern amenities but in a rustic jungle setting. After a long and hot day at the safari, it felt good to be in a cool comfortable accommodation with a soft bed and modern bathroom.

The highlight is the authentic home style Indian food cooked onsite. If it’s in season you might even get food grown in the property.

End the night staring at the stars with a drink in your hand and you will be raring to go for your next day!!

I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a vacation off the beaten path. It was an opportunity to disconnect from the stresses of life!!

Congratulations to Mr. Anurag Sharma for realizing his vision. We will be back!!

Apart from this camp, Anurag also books safaris through his company, Tigerwalah. Look for my review for that company as well to see how passionate Anurag is about Tigers.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

I was at Dev Vilas for a few days in May. Had a great time - friendly and trustworthy staff, awesome food, and a crew knowledgeable of the jungle. The stay is no frill, and homely. It allowed me to disconnect from the chaos of daily routine, and connect with nature. The night skies from this place are with near zero light pollution, making it good for shooting star trails. Food was excellent - and given the size of the property, we had the whole setup to ourselves. The cook and staff made us feel at home and offered us a menu of our choice. The rooms were clean, of good size, and met all base needs.

Not meant for the ones looking for frills of a Taj Banja Tola, but meant for folks looking to connect with nature, friendly/knowledgeable staff and good food.

I highly recommend it.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 April 2018

Great food & room. Cabin style rooms so nice & quiet, good a/c, private washroom.

Staff v.helpful & knowledgeable too.

All in all a good place to base yourself whilst exploring Kanha NP!

Nick Lanfear-Canada