All reviews the pub steak stayed here river cottage lyme regis hook farm warm welcome for sunday lunch lovely meal ham few drinks fresh vegetables pie great accommodation separate building pastry an evening meal
Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

Nice pub situated right on the footpath to Lyme Regis. with lots of outdoor seating and the bar area upstairs is dog friendly some older reviews are conflicting on subject of dogs being allowed .the young girl who served me was very polite and brought a bowl of water out for my puppy.only had a pint of cider but the meals coming out looked very good.wpuld like to return and have a meal soon.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 11 August 2018

We stayed here for five nights. The accommodation was lovely, breakfast was filling and tasty and the owners were very friendly. Good beer in the pub too! The pub is located just by a riverside footpath down to Lyme Regis which was a pleasant way to get down into the town.

Room tip: Great location for visiting river cottage
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for a a friends wedding at River Cottage which was just a five minutes drive away, the room was clean & lovely, with a comfortable bed & good shower. Breakfast in the morning had plenty of choice & was very tasty. I would definitely stay here again.

Hi Lorna R

Sorry for late reply, we are now at last catching up with our summer reviews. It is always so nice to hear we have got things just right for people who choose to stay with us. So big big thank you, we would love to see you again if you are passing this way.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Booked my husband a course at River Cottage and when looking for somewhere to stay the Talbot was first on the list. When we arrived we were met by one of the owners Steve and was greeted with a warm family style greeting and shown to our room. The food was basic traditional pub style food but good and tasty. Room very tastefully decorated. We will go back and I would have no problem in recommending this pub to friends and family. Thank you Steve for an enjoyable weekend.

Date of stay: June 2018

Hi lynndilo
Sorry for late reply, we are now catching up with our reviews. So pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us, and please do consider us again if you need accommodation in our Village thanks also for your kind offer of recommendations.

Reviewed 7 June 2018

My husband and I called in the Talbot Arms for a drink as we were staying in Uplyme.
There were several locals around the bar & the young lady behind the bar couldn’t have been less welcoming, There was no welcoming smile, in fact she didn’t speak to us at all apart from telling us how much the drinks were & then thrust the change at my husband.
Certainly not a place we will be returning to.

Date of stay: June 2018
8  Thank jennyaitken16

Dear jennyaitken16

So sorry for our late response to your comments, we are just catching up with our reviews.

I am so disappointed to read about your experience, it was very surprising for me to learn that a member of our staff behaved in such a disrespectful way and I apologise for the unwelcoming experience you had.

Please do try us again if you are in our Village and make yourselves known to me.