All reviews the pub steak stayed here river cottage lyme regis warm welcome sunday lunch lovely meal great accommodation separate building great place to stay feel welcome bank holiday garlic mushrooms great selection staff were so friendly local feel
Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

Nice pub situated right on the footpath to Lyme Regis. with lots of outdoor seating and the bar area upstairs is dog friendly some older reviews are conflicting on subject of dogs being allowed .the young girl who served me was very polite and brought a bowl of water out for my puppy.only had a pint of cider but the meals coming out looked very good.wpuld like to return and have a meal soon.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 August 2018

We stayed here for five nights. The accommodation was lovely, breakfast was filling and tasty and the owners were very friendly. Good beer in the pub too! The pub is located just by a riverside footpath down to Lyme Regis which was a pleasant way to get down into the town.

Room Tip: Great location for visiting river cottage
Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for a a friends wedding at River Cottage which was just a five minutes drive away, the room was clean & lovely, with a comfortable bed & good shower. Breakfast in the morning had plenty of choice & was very tasty. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Booked my husband a course at River Cottage and when looking for somewhere to stay the Talbot was first on the list. When we arrived we were met by one of the owners Steve and was greeted with a warm family style greeting and shown to our room. The food was basic traditional pub style food but good and tasty. Room very tastefully decorated. We will go back and I would have no problem in recommending this pub to friends and family. Thank you Steve for an enjoyable weekend.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2018

My husband and I called in the Talbot Arms for a drink as we were staying in Uplyme.
There were several locals around the bar & the young lady behind the bar couldn’t have been less welcoming, There was no welcoming smile, in fact she didn’t speak to us at all apart from telling us how much the drinks were & then thrust the change at my husband.
Certainly not a place we will be returning to.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple