All reviews the pub steak stayed here river cottage lyme regis hook farm warm welcome for sunday lunch lovely meal ham few drinks fresh vegetables pie great accommodation separate building pastry an evening meal
Reviewed 22 August 2017

I visited this inn with my family for a few drinks and an evening meal when staying at nearby Hook Farm campsite. I enjoyed a terrific carvery meal which was home cooked by landlord, Steve and his small team. They use primarily local produce and everyone thoroughly enjoyed the meal, which was very well cooked with thickly sliced meat and an ample selection of fresh vegetables. Well worth a visit, but do book in advance as it is a small local.

Trip type: Travelled with family
talbotarms, Manager at Talbot Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Hi Simon C,

First of all, thank you very much for taking the time to review our pub. I am so happy to learn that you enjoyed your experience here and we very much look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed 4th and 5th August wedding at River Cottage on the Saturday,excellent accommodation good local beer,Ate in restaurant on Friday night terrific food best piece of cod ever.Great breakfasts you could mix and whatever you wanted,all in all would recommend The Talbot Arms anytime.

Trip type: Travelled with family
talbotarms, Manager at Talbot Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Hi Malcolm T,

First of all, thank you very much for taking the time to review our pub. It was so nice to read all of your lovely comments. We very much look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

Sneaked in just before the kitchen closed but still had a warm welcome. Enjoyed excellent home made fish pie, steak and ale pie and a very impressive plate of ham,eggs and chips. Plenty of chunky fish in the pies topped with creamy cheesy mash. Lovely pastry and a full plate of meat for the pie and beautifully cooked eggs and thick slices of gammon. And even better all at a better price than we could find in Lyme Regis. Will be going back!

Hi nikkiandpaul303,

First of all, thank you so much for taking the time to review our pub. It was so nice to read all of your lovely comments. I will make sure I pass them on to all of our lovely staff. We very much look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Just had the most delicious meal, friendly staff, great welcome. Called in on the off chance and they found us a table for two. I had the cod and chips my wife had the fish pie and said it was the best she had ever had! Lovely atmosphere- we will definitely be back!

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to review our pub. It was so lovely so read all your positive comments. I will make sure I pass them on to all of our lovely staff. We very much look forward to welcoming you back son.

Reviewed 9 July 2017

Came across The Talbot Arms while looking for somewhere for lunch. Landlady and staff very welcoming. Simple lunch of sandwiches and chips for us although there is more on the menu. Would be nice for an evening meal I'm sure

Date of stay: July 2017

Hi juliagibbs1965,

First of all, thank you very much for taking the time to review our pub. It was so nice to read your lovely comments. I will make sure to pass them on to all of our lovely staff.