“New premises- a few doors down....”
Review of Sumalee

Sumalee
Ranked #1 of 113 Restaurants in Bentleigh
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 19 June 2018

We first ate here when it first opened and they still did breakfasts( very good) and have had many family and friend meals since. I hadn't been for a while because the old premises were smaller and always booked out, so nice to see the larger place but still with the great food and the amazing Renee who somehow remembers your name or what you ate last time!
I like the panang curry- rich and soft meat that falls off the rib. Having just had modern Thai at Sum Yung guys( see previous review) I can compare it favourably ( and half the price).

Reviewed 18 June 2018

We were looking forward to eating here... not disappointed. The service, food and new building
were all excellent.
Very relaxing atmosphere. Thanks for a great meal.

Reviewed 31 May 2018

We used to regularly go here when we lived in Bentleigh but since moving having not been back for over a year.
Went back last night for a dinner with friends and could not fault it.
The food is still the best Thai food I have found in Melbourne. The service is very good and the price of the food, considering the quality, is very very reasonable.
Loved the new premises which give the dining area some more room.
We will not leave it so long between visits.

1  Thank Michael E
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

I have been eating here for some years. I was living in western Victoria and now on Bruny Island Tasmania. Whenever I am in Melbourne I go to see Renee and enjoy the best Thai I have had anywhere. I cannot recommend Sumalee highly enough. Try the Masaman Curry. My favourite

2  Thank Lachlan S
Reviewed 29 May 2018

Sumalee has been our favourite Restaurant since we discovered it 8 months ago. Every time we go there the food is well presented and so very delicious.
Every dish we have tried has been out of this world.

3  Thank royjen